Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charity Ideas (No Players Packs)?

Default Charity Ideas (No Players Packs)?

I'm really wanting to do something different with this event. I'd like to raise some money with the event to donate to a local church's "Angel Tree" fund (since Christmas is just around the corner). I feel like one of the easier ways to do this is to just simply NOT have a players pack and therefore have that money that I would have spent on players packs for the charity.

Would this be a deal breaker for anyone? Would you NOT come play if you know that there is NOT going to be a players pack. Payouts will still be as good as you would expect from a C-tier (those of you that know me know that I can't help but bump it up a bit regardless).

I just want to kill two birds with one stone and support two things that I really believe in with one event. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I am all for giving up the player's pack in order to give to a charity that is worthwhile. That is directly in line with what TNP is about, so no gripes from any of us!
    Love the NastyPants, you will!

Favorite Gas: My Own
    Favorite Liquid: High Quality H2O
    Favorite Solid: Plastic

Another thing u could do is put a donations jar out disc golfers are always generous.

I for one only go to c-tiers to get a players pack. Why should underpriveledged children get a present on Christmas? I need a 32nd dx roc.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Burke View Post
    I need a 32nd dx roc.
    or 32nd dx aviar. I have no problem with it. I also think James has a nice idea.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

What's an Angel Tree?

I think it's a great idea.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

If no players packs and proceeds are going to the Angel tree instead. Could we get some Angels to whear on our bags as we play to show support. (secretly i hope there might be a real angel connected to mine to keep my discs away from the trees) But seriously something to think about.
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

Will, I literally laughed out loud My wife and I always adopt two kids at our church from the angle tree. I think it is a great idea. Also, put out a donations box as well. Maybe even give 1/4-1/2 the ace pot to it. Just a thought.

Maybe if you have time, inbetween round have like a 100 foot throw(for some)/putt(for others) to a basket for maybe 1$. first to hit wins a special disc with all proceeds going to the charity.

Onther idea would be blind fold a player down by #1 basket out in the field, spin him around and let him decide which way and how far to throw the disc to the basket. Charge 1 or 5$ and closest to the pin win a special prize. Agian all proceeds go to the charity.

Just some random thoughts.
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

Thread Information