Thread: How do the Destroyers vary?

Hybrid View

Default How do the Destroyers vary?

I've noticed that different plastic means different flight. I noticed that Avery Jenkins throws Pro Destroyers for the distance competitions, but Star Destroyers for in game distance driving. How do the Pro, Champion and Star Destroyers vary? I've heard that the more domy ones are more stable ones.

I throw my pro destroyers for wide open distance because they have a lot of glide and mine has a touch of high speed turn. The thing about the pro destroyer is one good tree hit can change its flight so I use star destroyers if there is a chance of hitting trees. The star does not have as much glide as the pro but still not bad. I also have a champ glow destroyer that is very overstable and does not have much glide. I think the regular champ destroyers have better glide though. My glow destroyer is also pretty flat which takes away some glide as well (domey discs tend to have more glide). I have not tried out a lot of destroyers so I can not give much information but that is what I have experienced.

Thanks for the answer. Do you know if all pro discs tend to be that way? I have read that there is a major stability difference between the Pro and Champion Orc, and I know from experience that there is a difference between the Pro and Champion Wraith. I love Pro plastic, though I have only tried a few discs with it, but if the flight is different with Pro, then I don't care to mess with it. Do Pro discs differ from others?

They also vary in color. Very important fact.

From the ones I've had the Pro were the meanest, the Star was the most versatile in that it was easiest to flex/turnover then throw a monster hyzer with it next shot, and the Champ carried the furthest and held the best lines. I haven't thrown any of the EcoStar ones but have seen that they're gaining popularity.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

I hear people say pros are the meanest but mine was rather straight out of the box with maybe the slightest bit of turn. My pro destroyer is 170g which could also be the difference and I was throwing them 400-450'. I also might of deflashed mine before throwing it but I do not remember.

Nightshift Destroyers. Those are the meanest.

A lot of the star destroyers made in '11 were made with vulcan tops, so they're much more understable than previous runs were/are. If you look closely, you'll see these, as there is a "crease" in the top, just like vulcans have. All early destroyers did not have this. Just this years'.

Stick with champ and/or pro and you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure it's only star that was done this way.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

LDGC Public Relations

i like the new vulcanized destroyers - had 2 still have 1 - both were lighter weight 167-168 grams - I usually used 175 gram discs - but with the destroyer being such fast and overstable disc the lighter weight has made it much easier to control

whatever you do with all these various destroyers is when you find the one you like get a pair or more of them and stick with them - like all discs the longer and more you use them, they wont be the same after a while as when you originally purchased anyway

Thread Information