Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: END OF THE SEASON BAG TAG TOURNEY - DECEMBER 3rd

I can bring my basket if needed
    themick

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    Jeff, you can declare it anytime before you tee off. So in the instance you gave, after everyone else shanks you can go to the shorter pad to increase your chances of getting a point. Typically everytime you use one of your 'handicaps', you just tally it next to your name on the card to keep track of them.

True you have to pick the pad just before teeing off. BUT If you won the last hole you would be going 1st & not able to see how all on your card played
    Last edited by Mike_D; 11-23-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

LDGC Public Relations

Quote Originally Posted by jworley View Post
    When does one have to declare that they will play the short pad? If your last on the card and everyone shanks there drive then you can choose to play the short and get your point, or do you have to declare which pad before your card starts the hole? Never played a event like this so I wanna make sure I understand the rules.
    Jeff- wyatt and miked have answered the question fairly spot on -

A tagger simply must declare if they are using the long or the short pad at the moment it is their turn on the card to teeoff.
    The cards will be seeded from the lowest tag to the highest tag. The only time the card order will change is when a point is earned and a hole as been won. If there is no winner on the hole the order on the card will not change.

Do points roll over from hole to hole as they do in Skins?

They didn't last year, I'm not the one to answer about it this year.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by jobwilson82 View Post
    Do points roll over from hole to hole as they do in Skins?
    If you win the hole you will get 1 point. No carry over.

So, if I'm understanding the proccess correctly...Players are assigned to a group, then Players are assigned what hole to start on by tag #?
    So If I have Tag #1, I will be on Tee 1. Along with Tags 2,3, and 4.
    And Lets say I am in E group and 2,3,4 are in A group, which means I play as many shorts as I want and they play the longs.
    The opposite extreme could also happen. An A group player could have tag 100 and be playing agianst E group players and all starting on hole 18.

Is this they way thing will go, or am I terribly wrong.
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

LDGC Public Relations

Steve - I read your post twice - make sure I get this right - everything you said is correct except that the tag # distribution will be tee after tee

for example tee 1 - #1, tee 2 - #2, tee 3 - #5, tee 4 -#6, tee 7 - #12, tee 8 - #14 - all the way to hole 18 - then tag numbers will go from 18 to 1, then back again

so in the end it will look something more like tee 1 - #1, #22, #46, #4, tee 2 - #2, #20, #49, #70

every card will range from 3 - 5 players pending turnout for the first 18 holes

yes it is possible that a card could have all the same taggers from the same group or a card could have 3 -5 of the groups present

I see, Thanks for the info. This could make for some very diverse groups.
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

LDGC Public Relations

diverse groups is the idea - I have always strived to make the bag tags one of the few places in disc golf where the players can play all together

i detest the many divisions that are in place by the PDGA - I believe they only exist because everyone wants to be a winner

Disc Golf is about everyone playing the course to the best of their own ability - The Bag Tag Tourney is just that (with handicaps) - Taggers get the chance to compete against the course as well as against players of all skill levels that they may never play with all year long -

This is why when all is played out there will be one true #1 - lots of players - means lots of $$ - means lots of payout spots

Thread Information