Thread: Somethin Funny to check out

Default Somethin Funny to check out

Happy Endings aired a show last week regarding Disc Golf it was bad to say the least. A lot of disc golfers sent a message to them on their page and they apologized but didn't you can see here

http://www.eonline.com/videos/happy-...ologize/171773

Val and Nate's Response here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAm4z...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Judge; 10-05-2011 at 08:16 PM.

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

What was the point? It's not like we mess with anyone. lol

I guess it would have been good to have seen the show / get the beginning of this whole thing. Starting in the middle i had no clue what happen.

Shight was funny non the less

You really have to now the whole story to fully understand. Several weeks ago the PDGA posted on their website that there was going to be a disc golf themed episode of Happy Endings. The article went on to hype up the show saying that it will help promote disc golf and help our growing sport. The article made it sound like the episode was going to show disc golf in a positive manner which it didn't. So a lot of disc golfers got upset and posted on the Happy Endings website saying they thought the episode sucked. The Happy Endings cast then made that "apology" video. Val and Nate then followed up with their "apology" video. And that's that.

still want to see the episode.

My feeling is the PDGA shouldn't have posted anything on their website without knowing / seeing how that show was going to depict disc golf. You can't count on a comedy show on TV to take things serious.

Val and Nate's Response was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    still want to see the episode.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/282427/hap...lax-snake-home
    Here is the episode. The disc golf part is around 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    My feeling is the PDGA shouldn't have posted anything on their website without knowing / seeing how that show was going to depict disc golf. You can't count on a comedy show on TV to take things serious.
    http://www.pdga.com/disc-golf-hits-prime-time-tv
    Here is the PDGA article. It sounds like the show contacted the PDGA saying they were going to make a disc golf themed episode and asked for props.

LDGC Public Relations

the cast members apology was much funnier then the show - they dont even know what disc golf is or why they are apologizing its great - the apology was better publicity for our game then then show was -
    i guess some good came from so many "disc" golfers acting like idiots through social media as they tried to prove their point

WOW that was super F-ed up FUNNY but for sho F-ed up FROLF

& complaining made disc golfers look / sound like a bunch up tights that have no humor.

Like i said can't count on a comedy

I think it showed the passion disc golfers have for our sport more than anything else. So many people defending what disc golf really is. Sure, some the comments were made by idiots, on both sides of the argument. But the voice that remains silent is not heard. It is quite evident that we were heard. Humor, is at best, a matter of opinion. I get more laughs watching reruns of Leave it to Beaver than from that show.

Buffalo Chip

I refused to give the show the ratings and I wouldn't even watch it online from their website. Publicity is publicity positive or negative it's good for our sport. I bet frolf will be here next season napping ending will be ending and we will see whos happy then

Thread Information