Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Course Par

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

Awesome! Thanks

I know Henderson and USI both have course pars, but we (locals) play them as Pro Par. USI is something outrageous, like 64. Atkinson is something like 58. Don't know if you want to take that into consideration or not.

LDGC Public Relations

good point job - I think we should stick with the "am/pro" par that most players recognize - the guys and girls who use the signage par like USI's par 64 - i really dont think they are all to concerned with course ratings as they approach 1000

Players have asked on previous threads about "PAR" - i dont really have a good answer - par varies - some courses have more difficult pars then others - this is one thing this list indicates fairly well

I feel so far as this list falls together - that the courses that are clumped together tend to share a certain degree of difficulty in shooting "par"

I think Buffalo might be 46/48 for 1000 rated round.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Has there been a PDGA sanctioned tournament at Buffalo that didn't have added holes?
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

I have a question. I believe we all agree that in disc golf, scratch and par are not always the same thing.

If scratch is a 1000 rated round, then what rating should go to par? Is that subjective based on the course?

Basically, can we use these figures to determine that some course par is skewed. I'll give you a local example.

Hole 13 at Mesker is listed as a Par 3. I'm sure guys like Martin, Scott, Adam, etc, it is a Par 3. But those guys aren't the average disc golfer. I'm generally thrilled when I get a 3 on that hole. That being said, I am very disappointed when I pull a 5. But a 4 is perfectly acceptable.

That's the only hole on the course where I feel that way. So in my mind, Mesker should be Par 55. Is there a trend within the ratings that can lean towards proving that? (That being said, I have no intentions of making changes to the par at Mesker. This is more for entertainment purposes.)

Any idea how much this info for Seviren will change with the new additions?
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

At the Seviren Lang Memorial last year shooting a 55 was 997 rated. I'm guessing the changes will make a 56/57 a 1000 rated round.

Par will still be 61.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

Anyone have any idea what Freeman lake, Otter Creek, and Buffalo Trace might be?

LDGC Public Relations

Freeman, not sure especially with the pin changes- maybe 50-51?, Otter at least 45-46, and Buffalo Trace 50-51?

the par list i built before was based on actual tourney results, so these are just guesses - but prob not to far off

Thread Information