Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who's coming? [2011]

920 back in Rec?!

It's going to feel great beating a Super-Bagger.

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

So he use to be 920?

Quote Originally Posted by xTOMMYxIRISHx View Post
    So he use to be 920?
    He is 920 rated. *Technically* he can still play in the division he preregistered for since the rating increase was less than 2 weeks prior to the tournament.

It's my feeling that the intent of the rule is to a) keep players from having to shell out more money than they planned and b) keep them from possibly making any travel arrangements due to pool assignments.

Given the circumstances, neither of those apply to him. Maybe he will reconsider his division.

Quote Originally Posted by jobwilson82 View Post
    He is 920 rated. *Technically* he can still play in the division he preregistered for since the rating increase was less than 2 weeks prior to the tournament.

It's my feeling that the intent of the rule is to a) keep players from having to shell out more money than they planned and b) keep them from possibly making any travel arrangements due to pool assignments.

Given the circumstances, neither of those apply to him. Maybe he will reconsider his division.
    And if he doesn't, we're Team Honey Badger. We don't give a shit.

BOOM!

And if he doesn't, we're Team Honey Badger. We don't give a shit.

BOOM!
    Hilarious!!! My Call of Duty Black Ops clan is "HNEY BDGR"! "Watch out says that bird." "Honey Badger just take what it wants."
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

920 back in Rec?!

It's going to feel great beating a Super-Bagger.
    I tried to talk him into moving up and he still might, but according to the rules he meets the exception... I even talked to the PDGA to confirm. Only one of his 3 tournaments were in the ratings update.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/2-2-exceptions
    2.2 Exceptions

A. Players are allowed to enter a ratings based division they would otherwise be ineligible to participate only under the following circumstances
    (1) If approved before the event by the PDGA Tour Manager.
    (2) Players who have become ineligible for a division due to a ratings update may participate for two weeks following the update, provided they are pre-registered for the event in question, at the discretion of the TD.
    (3) If competing in an applicable points series (see Section 2.2 B for specifics)
    B. Players may be allowed to enter a ratings based division they would otherwise be ineligible to participate in as part of a points Series provided that
    (1) The Series Director has contacted the PDGA prior and received approval from the PDGA Tour Manager.
    (2) The Series allows players to stay in the division for the entire Series.
    (3) The player has not competed in a higher division at any time during the Series.
    (4) The player’s rating does not exceed 20 points above the rating ceiling for the division they wish to compete in.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

BTW, Phil Arthur and Avery Jenkins are coming.

Nate and Valerie went to Texas for the Women's Championships.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

Awesome Adam and if the guy wants to play Rec then o well! I don't see a point in playing down if your good enough to be 920. I guess at the end of the day he does not matter if your getting better and learning, it just matters if you can win. lol!

If using the pre-register exemption, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I tried to talk him into moving up and he still might, but according to the rules he meets the exception... I even talked to the PDGA to confirm. Only one of his 3 tournaments were in the ratings update.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/2-2-exceptions
    2.2 Exceptions

A. Players are allowed to enter a ratings based division they would otherwise be ineligible to participate only under the following circumstances
    (1) If approved before the event by the PDGA Tour Manager.
    (2) Players who have become ineligible for a division due to a ratings update may participate for two weeks following the update, provided they are pre-registered for the event in question, at the discretion of the TD.
    (3) If competing in an applicable points series (see Section 2.2 B for specifics)
    B. Players may be allowed to enter a ratings based division they would otherwise be ineligible to participate in as part of a points Series provided that
    (1) The Series Director has contacted the PDGA prior and received approval from the PDGA Tour Manager.
    (2) The Series allows players to stay in the division for the entire Series.
    (3) The player has not competed in a higher division at any time during the Series.
    (4) The player’s rating does not exceed 20 points above the rating ceiling for the division they wish to compete in.

LDGC Public Relations

this 920 guy has one tourney under his belt - that doesnt really mean much
    I wish players wouldn't even get a rating until they played at least 3 tournaments - that way the rating could actually have some value

Thread Information