Thread: Heading to BG...which course is best?

Hybrid View

Default Heading to BG...which course is best?

Hey all,

It's been a loooooooong time since I've played in BG. I haven't played any of the "new" courses (Phil Moore, Basil, BGTC, Chalybeate, etc) yet. For those who have played them, which is the one you would play if you had the chance to play one round? I'm thinking BGTC but that's without seeing it or anything else...

Thoughts?
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Daniel,I played the BGTC a couple of weeks ago, there was a lot of const. going on and it was all messed up. I don't think it will be cleared up from what I saw. I wouldn't recommend P. Moore, it was a rather boring course to me. Basil Griffin is a fun course as is Lovers Lane. Hobson Grove can be a challenge. I would also recommend Holler in the Hills, that one will really tire you out. Have fun! Glad to see you playing again.

Daniel, gotta be Kereiakes & Hobson.

LDGC Public Relations

i like the tech course - but I have heard its not being maintained well with the summer growth

i would choose holler in the hills by far the best in the area

Preston Miller - playable but overgrown in spots
    Tech College - overgrown, construction ridden... not worth the time. wait until colder months.
    Hobson Grove- same as Miller
    Ephram White - looking good
    Chalybeate - taken care of from what i've heard recently
    Holler - don't know the condition of it. had heard it was mowed but that was a few weeks ago. you'll have to email howie (lil_trumperboy@yahoo.com) about it. it's his land.
    Kereiakis - same as White
    Lovers - same as Kereiakis
    Phil Moore - open holes are looking good, no idea on the wooded holes. flip a coin on whether they're taken care of. i don't play there except for BG Ams.
    Basil Griffin - front nine is pretty much unplayable unless you want to skip two holes and walk way more than you have to. back nine is open for play.

If I was you, I'd go in the following order Holler, Kereiakis, Tech, White, Hobson, Lovers, Preston, Chalybeate, Griffin, Moore. Tech is the most difficult while Preston and Chalybeate are the easiest.

Let me know when you're coming down and I'll try to meet up with you if I'm in town.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Holler is the premiere course in the area, Lovers Lane and Kereiakis are also very good. I've heard mostly good things about the BGTC, but haven't played there myself.

Basil Griffin was fun, but Wyatt says the front 9 isn't playable right now and he would definitely know best.

I played Chalybeate this summer and it was not taken care of. I would definitely skip it.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

The four classic courses (Lover's, Keri, White, Hobson) plus Holler are really the only ones worth playing.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I didn't include Holler simply because you have to make reservations. I agree with everyone that if that's not an issue, play there.

Thanks, guys. I think I'm going to hit keriaekes once I'm finished with the doc. Weeman, you're welcome to join in, I just don't know when It's going to be...I hate docs...
    Daniel

Thanks for the input, guys! I went to Kereiakes and had a good time. Shot a 46 with one shot I was proud of--put it within 30' of #5's long pin (uphill around the tree in the fairway). I think it plays something close to 510' or so when compensated for the elevation. Of course I missed the putt...dooh!
    Daniel

Thread Information