Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 CVO Thread

That's right folks, support the Am Scam! I wasn't there so I don't know the whole thing with of limited players packs but with as much as everyone pulled for sponsors I don't see why it shouldn't be distributed through all the divisions instead of adding a larger percentage to the pro purse. I'm not hating on any one person but as a group the ball was dropped.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by jobwilson82 View Post
    OK, instead of beating a dead horse I'm going to provide constructive criticism.

You've got to keep everything consistent. On the AEDGC forum, Adam posted that all Ams would get a players pack.

I read first 100 here.

I'm not knocking the pack at all. I think it was a great pack. I love the shirt, disc and especially those snazzy scorecards!
    Great advise! It's obvious that there was confussion in how many players packs people thought were avalible. On top of being consistent I think it's important to not have too much information. If I have to read through three or four pages to find out a bit of info it's going to be easy for me to over look something.

I really don't recall ever seeing the "first 100" players. I'm not asking out of cockiness or trying to stir the pot but could you provide a reference to that? Nevertheless, concise, consistent information should be a priority for 2012.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    That's right folks, support the Am Scam! I wasn't there so I don't know the whole thing with of limited players packs but with as much as everyone pulled for sponsors I don't see why it shouldn't be distributed through all the divisions instead of adding a larger percentage to the pro purse. I'm not hating on any one person but as a group the ball was dropped.
    Really Wyatt, you weren't even there and you're calling us out? We didn't Am scam. Cash added went to the pro's. Some sponsorship was in merchandise so that and all the money generated from buying discs at wholesale and paying out at retail was put back into the Am payouts. Another way to look at is we did Am payouts at wholesale price which was our cost.

What's with all the negativity people? I know we aren't as good as Jeremy when it comes to running events simply because this is our first big tournament and he's an old pro at running them. We did our best and obviously see some things we can improve on next year. Think positive and throw negative!
    Last edited by Adam; 09-20-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by jobwilson82 View Post
    OK, instead of beating a dead horse I'm going to provide constructive criticism.

You've got to keep everything consistent. On the AEDGC forum, Adam posted that all Ams would get a players pack.

I read first 100 here.

I'm not knocking the pack at all. I think it was a great pack. I love the shirt, disc and especially those snazzy scorecards!
    there were less than 30 people registered when I did and I didnt get one of those snazzy scorecards

They are quite snazzy, Team Honey Badger made those for us.

They didn't make it in the players pack bag since they didn't arrive from Evansville until late Friday. They were on the end of the table and I admit they were easily missed. PM me your address and we'll gladly mail you one.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    They are quite snazzy, Team Honey Badger made those for us.

They didn't make it in the players pack bag since they didn't arrive from Evansville until late Friday. They were on the end of the table and I admit they were easily missed. PM me your address and we'll gladly mail you one.
    There where players pack bags? When I was there it was just stuff spead out on a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I know we aren't as good as Jeremy when it comes to running events simply because this is our first big tournament and he's an old pro at running them. We did our best and obviously see some things we can improve on next year. Think positive and throw negative!
    It was better than anything I ever ran. Good work guys.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

From the last few posts, it sounds like next year we could use a more organized players pack pick up

So lets look ahead to next year, any dates being floated?

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

http://aceeagle.bigforumpro.com/t158...t-17-18-a-tier is the link and the cards got to Judge at 9pm which is late to some but I was there to put them in the bags but he did not have them all. I had a great time but I only got one disc for being 11th in rec out of 37 in an A-tier which seems odd but o well! I was more upset about there being no hot dogs. lol!

Thread Information