Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 CVO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcrab66 View Post
    Ok, now that i have had some time to rest here are my post tourney thoughts...

Course: Really excellent condition. Whoever was responsible for tourney preping it did a great job. It was my first (definitely not last) time playing it so i am not sure if its always this well maintained but either way kudos for that. Also, the temp holes were nice. Great use of available space plus all that OB made them interesting. I especially liked the "island" hole. Still cant believe my card star parred it both rounds...Also, I appreciate that the OB's were marked as well as they were. I didnt see any instance where there could be any doubt as to what was in and what wasnt

Format: Whoever had the idea to do two rounds of 27 over 2 days instead of the more common 18 X3 is a hero in my book. Not only did it allow those who wanted a chance to follow pro cards (for those of us in rec and int), but it also allowed more time for physical and mental rest prior to the next round.

Player Pack: Pretty weak for an A tier. Also, if you are going to pre reg there is never a valid reason to run out of what you advertised is going to be in the player pack. On a bright note, that caddy book was fantastic. Might of been the nicest one I have ever seen other than worlds. The only change to that I would make is having a full course layout overview page. (Helpful for people not as familiar with course). I probably also wouldnt of had that caricature of the champ on the front of it as I personally found it a bit offensive. I wonder if that had anything to do with why he didnt show up to defend?

People: All of you guys I met and talked to that were from the local area were really cool. I appreciate the help / insight on the course. I was fortunate to be grouped with some really nice people both rounds, which as most know, can help make a round great even when you're not throwing well..

Misc It might not have been a bad idea to have a quick 5 minute meeting before the round on Sunday just to explain the CTPs. I do not think everyone was clear on them since as I was driving out I saw several of the Pool B ctps still out on the course. Also, I am not sure why the pool A ctp's were taken out with the pool b ctp's. They should of been taken out by the Pool A guys before thier round started. I ran into one on the course that a pool B player had taken out and marked, that was clearly a Pool A ctp. Again, a quick pre round meeting may have helped clarify that...

Overall I had a really good time, thanks to the TD and all the others involved who made that happen...
    Great write-up! Thanx for the praise and advise. It's write-ups like this that really let TD see what they did right and where they can improve. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

The caricature is a running tradition for the CVO. From what I was told Ken liked it and laughed at it. I believe I heard that he was at a wedding and that is why he couldn't make it. I'll confess it wasn't our best but it wasn't our worset either. Hopefully we will improve upon it next year with Tyler. The idea of a caricature is similar to a roast. It exagerates a persons features. Of course it could be viewed as mildly offensive by some. To date the only person who complained about his caricature was Feldberg. Hopefully furture winners will remain to be thick skinned because the caricature is a tradition that I hope remains with this tourney until the end.

Something I'd like to see return to the tourney is the Louisville Slugger trophey.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Player Pack: Pretty weak for an A tier. Also, if you are going to pre reg there is never a valid reason to run out of what you advertised is going to be in the player pack. On a bright note, that caddy book was fantastic. Might of been the nicest one I have ever seen other than worlds. The only change to that I would make is having a full course layout overview page. (Helpful for people not as familiar with course). I probably also wouldnt of had that caricature of the champ on the front of it as I personally found it a bit offensive. I wonder if that had anything to do with why he didnt show up to defend?
    It also said only the first 50 were guaranteed a players pack. I dont know if it made it to all spots we posted on. It was also more than we had for a players pack last year. We did see some errors were made in this and will be corrected for next year. As Jeremy stated that was a well thought out and excellent write up and we appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    You CAN put a towel down if you kneel, can't you? I've seen top pros do it with a disc or towel several times. I've done it with no one saying a word. Why would that be illegal if there is no advantage gained and everyone can do it?

I will have to say I was surprised that no one did put a towel down on Sunday when the pads were so slick...

I don't understand why it would be considered illegal? Just because some people forgot (forget) extra towels? I would think it's a safety aspect, especially considering the slipperiness of some of the CV pads when they get wet.
    My bad, I was thinking of regular golf. Glad I know that, it might save me a few scrapes here and there.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

No biggie, Marcus. I was a little concerned because I simply can't plant at all on wet tee pads. I slip almost every time. If I couldn't do that, then I would be screwed!

It is a great tip and it does help you to be more comfortable in uncomfortable playing conditions. Thus, advantage you!
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    It also said only the first 50 were guaranteed a players pack. I dont know if it made it to all spots we posted on. It was also more than we had for a players pack last year. We did see some errors were made in this and will be corrected for next year. As Jeremy stated that was a well thought out and excellent write up and we appreciate the input.
    In the "Official 2011 CVO Thread" it does not state only 50 packs.

It was definitely the first 100 amateurs.

Don't try and backtrack. Just admit your mistake and fix it next year.

no back tracking look at facebook and i swore i put it in here (i see i did not) but non the less as i said we will fix it next year. everyone got a players pack anyway just the shirt we ran out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    The retail value of the Am players pack is over $40! We have limited quantities so register on http://dynamicdiscs.com/regCVO.html to reserve yours now!
    There's no reason to be rude or hateful or to beat a dead horse. It was amply advertised that there were limited quantities and they've said they're going to improve upon what was already a pretty generous players package. That's all that can be said. Move on.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

and a damn cool shirt it was for those of us who got one! My daughter was particularly proud of me that I finally have something in Corydon Central black and gold.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

OK, instead of beating a dead horse I'm going to provide constructive criticism.

You've got to keep everything consistent. On the AEDGC forum, Adam posted that all Ams would get a players pack.

I read first 100 here.

I'm not knocking the pack at all. I think it was a great pack. I love the shirt, disc and especially those snazzy scorecards!

Thread Information