Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 CVO Thread

I was hoping we'd some kind of compensation for the weather. It definitely made the teepads slick. That may have been the only round I've thrown all year that was below my rating.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Next time put a towel down at the end of the tee where your plant foot will be. It adds *a ton* of grip when you tee off. I used to hate playing when it was wet until someone told me that little secret...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Next time put a towel down at the end of the tee where your plant foot will be. It adds *a ton* of grip when you tee off. I used to hate playing when it was wet until someone told me that little secret...
    Is that legal? That would be the equivalent of "building a platform" wouldn't it? I know you can't put a towel (or anything else,) down on the ground to throw from your knees, and I would assume that's the same thing.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    Is that legal? That would be the equivalent of "building a platform" wouldn't it? I know you can't put a towel (or anything else,) down on the ground to throw from your knees, and I would assume that's the same thing.
    If you watch youtube videos of some tournaments you see people put towels down on wet teepads all the time. Also, I think you can put a towel down to throw from your knees but I don't think you can use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    I didn't think that rule had passed. I knew it was discussed. I'm not sure...I'll have to research it.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I didn't think that rule had passed. I knew it was discussed. I'm not sure...I'll have to research it.
    You CAN put a towel down if you kneel, can't you? I've seen top pros do it with a disc or towel several times. I've done it with no one saying a word. Why would that be illegal if there is no advantage gained and everyone can do it?

I will have to say I was surprised that no one did put a towel down on Sunday when the pads were so slick...

I don't understand why it would be considered illegal? Just because some people forgot (forget) extra towels? I would think it's a safety aspect, especially considering the slipperiness of some of the CV pads when they get wet.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    You CAN put a towel down if you kneel, can't you? I've seen top pros do it with a disc or towel several times. I've done it with no one saying a word. Why would that be illegal if there is no advantage gained and everyone can do it?

I don't understand why it would be considered illegal? Just because some people forgot (forget) extra towels? I would think it's a safety aspect, especially considering the slipperiness of some of the CV pads when they get wet.
    Pretty much my exact thoughts

It is definitely legal to put down a towel on the tee pad. I just didn't feel like carrying around a muddy towel the whole round. It is also legal to put down a towel to kneel on, I'm not sure about a disc though.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Ok, now that i have had some time to rest here are my post tourney thoughts...

Course: Really excellent condition. Whoever was responsible for tourney preping it did a great job. It was my first (definitely not last) time playing it so i am not sure if its always this well maintained but either way kudos for that. Also, the temp holes were nice. Great use of available space plus all that OB made them interesting. I especially liked the "island" hole. Still cant believe my card star parred it both rounds...Also, I appreciate that the OB's were marked as well as they were. I didnt see any instance where there could be any doubt as to what was in and what wasnt

Format: Whoever had the idea to do two rounds of 27 over 2 days instead of the more common 18 X3 is a hero in my book. Not only did it allow those who wanted a chance to follow pro cards (for those of us in rec and int), but it also allowed more time for physical and mental rest prior to the next round.

Player Pack: Pretty weak for an A tier. Also, if you are going to pre reg there is never a valid reason to run out of what you advertised is going to be in the player pack. On a bright note, that caddy book was fantastic. Might of been the nicest one I have ever seen other than worlds. The only change to that I would make is having a full course layout overview page. (Helpful for people not as familiar with course). I probably also wouldnt of had that caricature of the champ on the front of it as I personally found it a bit offensive. I wonder if that had anything to do with why he didnt show up to defend?

People: All of you guys I met and talked to that were from the local area were really cool. I appreciate the help / insight on the course. I was fortunate to be grouped with some really nice people both rounds, which as most know, can help make a round great even when you're not throwing well..

Misc It might not have been a bad idea to have a quick 5 minute meeting before the round on Sunday just to explain the CTPs. I do not think everyone was clear on them since as I was driving out I saw several of the Pool B ctps still out on the course. Also, I am not sure why the pool A ctp's were taken out with the pool b ctp's. They should of been taken out by the Pool A guys before thier round started. I ran into one on the course that a pool B player had taken out and marked, that was clearly a Pool A ctp. Again, a quick pre round meeting may have helped clarify that...

Overall I had a really good time, thanks to the TD and all the others involved who made that happen...

To all the guys who helped put this on, Super good job. It was a ton of fun and a great experience, not to mention my fiance is giving in to letting me fly more and travel to a few others. Next stop the Autumn Classic 2 in Lawrenceburg this weekend.

Once again great job and can't wait till next year, just 1 request not over Labor Day weekend

Thread Information