Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric & Martin at Seviren

Default Eric & Martin at Seviren

Anyone not at the Tuesday night leagues missed these two masters. Both, on the same card, birdied #4. Martin did it with a sweet putt from probably 50 feet or so. Eric was parked within 10 feet. I was merely the spotter--felt like I was watching UFOs landing.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

I always thought #4 was borderline par3/par4. It's a tough par 3 or an easier par 4. The hole that is ~500' or so that is fairly straight but with rough on both sides is similar--somewhere between par3 and par 4. (Is it #7 or #8? Can't remember...)

To see two bird that hole is pretty good, nonetheless. Good shootin', guys.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Yeah, I said birdied, but it is a par 4.

I understand. I just think if push came to shove, it may be reclassified to a par 3, imo. In a similar fashion to #8 at CV. Originally, it was thought of as a par 4. Now it's a par 3.
    Daniel

4 and 7 are really tough par 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by captain plastic View Post
    4 and 7 are really tough par 3's.
    Maybe so. I just didn't find them to be *that* tough. Don't get me wrong--if you get in trouble, it's impossible to get a three and even a hard four. I threed both holes both rounds I played a few weeks ago. I do like where the pin is on #4, as it makes it VERY easy to go long on the approach (like I have done all three times I've played it--30-40' past).

Now, #2 is a *great* par 4. I really like that hole. It takes a good pull to get it up to the alley you need and then it's hard to get the disc to stop. Great hole.
    Daniel

7 is classified on the scorecards as a par 3 currently, but I believe Martin's intention is to reclassify it as a 4 when the basket moves behind the pines. I'm just going by the scores on dgcoursereview.com unless they've been changed.
    18 was initially called a 4 but is now officially a 3.

Oh, ok. I think the sign says par 4. Yep, it is #7. It's a great hole. I can see this as a three, as I can easily get within 60' of the hole. Now if it's moved, that's another story!

I agree with 18 being a three. It's tough, but it's easy enough to three with two not-so-perfect shots and a putt.
    Daniel

I think you're right about it maybe still saying "4" on the sign. It'll be a different animal when that basket's moved and you have to either hit that miniscule gap or go over the trees; and if you don't have a pretty strong arm you'll have to decide whether to even go for it on the second shot and run the risk of burying yourself in the pines or lay up to give yourself an approach.

I've got a pretty good arm (~500') and can get to within 60' of the current position. Where exactly would the basket be moved? Straight back or more towards #8 tee? The latter would be much harder, I imagine...
    Daniel

Thread Information