Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FATPAD 2011 Results

LDGC Public Relations

good reason - I know Henderson, KY and Nicholasville, KY both were holding events at the same time -

You guys know why I wasn't there but I can give opinions on why others weren't.

Lack of advertisement.

Last year's offering an AM/AM division temporarily ruinned the event idea of having a Pro/Am. From my understanding there is NO othe sanctioned event like it.

It might take a year or two but I think it will get back to normal.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Yeah, the first I heard of it was just a few weeks before the event. It should be like the CVO or other tourneys that advertise months or even almost a year in advance.

I'm really into model car competitions (no jokes, please) and they start putting fliers out almost immediately after that year's show for next year. It's to allow the competitors to mark it down in their calendar, if they liked it enough to return. That's what I'd recommend, if it's possible.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

I had other stuff going on. Plus, I didn't really have a partner lined up. Also, have a few other tournaments around it and a bit short on money.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

I'm curious why it's even a sanctioned event. With no ratings involved we are essentially giving the pdga a few hundred dollars so we can put it on their calendar. That, and the pro money earners get the extra cash added to their overall payout in their profile. Maybe I'm missing something...
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    kyle lynch is #33804
    I have re-uploaded the TD report with his number, thanks Martin!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Lack of advertisement.
    This was my fault. It's hard to advertise for something when I had issues getting a date pegged early on.

Quote Originally Posted by illyB View Post
    I'm curious why it's even a sanctioned event. With no ratings involved we are essentially giving the pdga a few hundred dollars so we can put it on their calendar. That, and the pro money earners get the extra cash added to their overall payout in their profile. Maybe I'm missing something...
    As far as I know this has always been a sanctioned event. I do like to look at things from different angles and this was brought up after the event while a few of us were recapping.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by illyB View Post
    Really, it's always just been the noveltiy of being the only PDGA even of it's kind. It certainly doesn't have to be.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Thread Information