Thread: What's up with this place ?

Default What's up with this place ?

8-6-11 played here & the cost has gone up BUT the place has gone down.

1. was $5.oo earlier this year NOW $5.25
    2. Grass was tall
    3. all the pads out in the open was totally covered with a ton of cut grass ( had to wipe them all off )
    4. big trees branches down all over in the wood on the fairways

The guys making $ yet NOT doing any maintenance on the course & even rises the price WTF

Dave Greenwell i hope you can help with this.
    I don't mind the cost IF the course is taken care of better then public courses

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

Dude shut up with all of this stuff! First you bi#tch about SL now about FF? Also how was the grass tall but the tee pads had tons of cut grass on them? If you don't like the price or the place then don't play there!!!

I don't know if the guy is making a ton of money out there. Any time I've been there there aren't that many people there, and those who are are generally paint-ballers. I don't like the grass high, either, but there is a ton of acreage to mow.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Buffalo Chip

Disc golf is all about camaraderie and positivity

Dave doesn't get on this forum any more.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Just to get this out there BOTH courses FF & SL i really enjoy playing & they are both great courses. As for S.L. i remember months ago just after course opened suggestions was asked to make it better & benches & trash cans was said & someone said sounds good & will work on that.

As for F.F. you can't see what shape the course is in till you play it. Grass was tall ( not that big of a deal ) BUT every pad seemed to have 6 months worth of previous grass cuttings on them.

As for the benches at S.L. i have M.S. & heat without taking a brake brings on attacks & my back was F N killing me.
    trash cans kinda preventative maintenance & yes i saw trash hiding just off the main paths.

I'm sorry i must care to much about the courses & expect to much of them specially the ones i have to pay for.

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

Well good to know your sorry! Judge you should just close this topic also since there is no real point! Thanks

I think there is a point but how much could be done about it is what's in doubt. If someone is going to pay to play, one would reasonably expect a nicely kept course. Take English or even Cabin Creek in Cincy. Both are pay to play and (in CC's instance, back about 10 or so years ago) both are well-kept. Ostensibly, that's what your money goes for--upkeep of the course...

In that light, I think his comments/criticisms are valid and should be passed on to the FF, as appropriate.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I think there is a point but how much could be done about it is what's in doubt. If someone is going to pay to play, one would reasonably expect a nicely kept course. Take English or even Cabin Creek in Cincy. Both are pay to play and (in CC's instance, back about 10 or so years ago) both are well-kept. Ostensibly, that's what your money goes for--upkeep of the course...

In that light, I think his comments/criticisms are valid and should be passed on to the FF, as appropriate.
    THANK YOU Sir

Thread Information