Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BTO 2011 Results

Does anyone remember the distances for each of the added holes? I went to input my score for tracking purposes and noticed I forgot to write them down.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

20 was 322
    23 was 206
    21 was 270
    not sure on the rest

20 - 320?
    21 - 280?
    22 - 265?
    23 - 206 (This one I am certain of)
    24 - 285?

All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Buffalo Chip

weeman is correct Terry Glass can for sure verify

Brian, $10 minimum for a B tier.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/TourStandards.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bwilson217 View Post
    Nick, first of all I would like to thank you for all the time you and the Buffalo Chips put in to this tournament/ course. It is great to see scores go in immediately after the tournament. That's how it SHOULD be.

Here are a few things that I think would make the tournament run a little smoother next year/ improve the enjoyment.
    1. I would attempt to bump up the players pack for a B-Tier. Maybe a T-Shirt and a disc. a) The PDGA mandates a $25 dollar minimum for B-Tier player packs. b) No offense, but getting just a T-Shirt for paying $50 dollars kind of sucks.
    2. I would not play the two-meter rule on the hanging basket, no one seemed to like that ruling. Even though that didn't happen.

Overall this event was fun as always, though I wish I would have played a lot better. The Hanging Basket on 1 is really cool! Maybe think about a basket in the ground on hole 2 to add to it?

Thanks again for all you do.

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

So $10 player packs are ok now? I can read the rules but a pack without a disc seems kind of silly. I know as a AM player the packs are part of the fun and some of us still hang disc up. I was told why the packs did not have a disc and I think Nick should post the whole truth since it was not his fault.

I think that's personal preference really, a lot of Ams don't like discs in players packs and want something else. $10 isn't fine necessarily it's the minimum, it might seem easy to you guys to just give out all this money but the bottom line really does matter. Most TDs will take a hit in their own pocketbook after it's all said and done. I'm sure Nick would have let you chip in the required money for him to get a disc to each Am. Just messing, and a B tier has always been $10 since I've been TD'ing. Step over to the darkside and become a TD, you'll quickly learn how little the payback/reward is, and how big the headaches are. HAHA
    Last edited by scottyb; 08-08-2011 at 10:08 AM.

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

I just know I did help with EVO and Nick F. had awesome packs without taking anything away from the pros. Also you says Ams want something other then a disc and that is true for some but I bet it's a Dri-Fit shirt. lol! I mean a few of us just played in Murray. KY and it was a small tour but we still got nice packs. My point is when your a newer player the packs still matter to a lot of us and that's all but with that said it was a great turn out and good for the sport.

Hey, I thought the player pack was a bit scant, but in their defense, the payouts were fat. I got my money back in value for tying 9th in Rec. Pro Disc ($12), Star Disc ($16), & Mini ($2). Can't complain about that.

But a dri-fit would have been nice
    Last edited by jobwilson82; 08-08-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Thread Information