Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BTO 2011 Results

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default BTO 2011 Results

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/64310/Open

If you see that I did anything wrong in scores just let me know, and I'll have it fix.

Default Bto

Not sure what happened but you have James slaten shooting an 80 in the first round and he shot an 88

Administrator

I am going to double check in the morning. Thanks for pointing it out, if ya see anything else let me know so it will be easier for me to fix. Off to bed I go! Hope everyone had a fun time, and want to say thanks for everyone who came out!

Nick, first of all I would like to thank you for all the time you and the Buffalo Chips put in to this tournament/ course. It is great to see scores go in immediately after the tournament. That's how it SHOULD be.

Here are a few things that I think would make the tournament run a little smoother next year/ improve the enjoyment.
    1. I would attempt to bump up the players pack for a B-Tier. Maybe a T-Shirt and a disc. a) The PDGA mandates a $25 dollar minimum for B-Tier player packs. b) No offense, but getting just a T-Shirt for paying $50 dollars kind of sucks.
    2. I would not play the two-meter rule on the hanging basket, no one seemed to like that ruling. Even though that didn't happen.

Overall this event was fun as always, though I wish I would have played a lot better. The Hanging Basket on 1 is really cool! Maybe think about a basket in the ground on hole 2 to add to it?

Thanks again for all you do.

Brian, $10 minimum for a B tier.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/TourStandards.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bwilson217 View Post
    Nick, first of all I would like to thank you for all the time you and the Buffalo Chips put in to this tournament/ course. It is great to see scores go in immediately after the tournament. That's how it SHOULD be.

Here are a few things that I think would make the tournament run a little smoother next year/ improve the enjoyment.
    1. I would attempt to bump up the players pack for a B-Tier. Maybe a T-Shirt and a disc. a) The PDGA mandates a $25 dollar minimum for B-Tier player packs. b) No offense, but getting just a T-Shirt for paying $50 dollars kind of sucks.
    2. I would not play the two-meter rule on the hanging basket, no one seemed to like that ruling. Even though that didn't happen.

Overall this event was fun as always, though I wish I would have played a lot better. The Hanging Basket on 1 is really cool! Maybe think about a basket in the ground on hole 2 to add to it?

Thanks again for all you do.

I think you may have James & Roger Slaten's scores reversed, because I thought Roger finished 3rd.

Also, I'm not sure how it's listing the scores in comparison to par. For example, I had a 157 and it's listed correctly, but it says that I was -5 when I thought I was +13. Is it considering some holes as par 4s while everyone just adds them up as all 3s?

Thanks to you, Ed, Robin, and everyone else who helped you, Terry, Jim, Shawn, and their helpers for getting the basket up, Will for funding it, and everyone else I'm forgetting. Also thanks for getting these scores in quickly--I'm curious to see how it affects the Southern Indiana Series points.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

I thought the hanging basket was the coolest and that the disk on basket 2m rule should be in effect in every tourney on that hole fosure..

LDGC Public Relations

Thanks Nick and Ed - it was a great weekend - great to say after a weekend I didnt play so well that it was still a fantastic time
    You guys did a great job with the overflowing # of golfers - some may not like the 5 packs - but this tourney has had a 100+ players for the past 3 years - that is phenomenal especially in these times when golfers have so many options to play weekend after weekend - and so many choose Buffalo to be the place to be

Thanks to Terry, Shawn, and the rest of the Buffalo Chips - course looked great -

Props to Mickey Pennington for being the first Ace on the hanging basket - he aced it just before the first round - Congrats to Daniel Allgeier for hitting #1 during the round and to Scott Rief for hitting hole #18 - nice shots

Thanks to Jeremy, Johnny, and Damon for running Doubles and Glow Doubles - at least I got two wins before - not winning a few hours later the next day

Thanks to Papeno's a great local country kitchen and pizza joint - great place for breakfast, dinner, or a longer then expected lunch break - if you didnt eat there this year, hit them up next time you play Buffalo Trace

soundsl like a great time, i would of played had the event not filled up on tuesday or wednesday, oh well, maybe next time...

As for Papeno's, don't hold yesterday against them---I know Ed & Nick went in earlier in the week to forewarn them about a possible influx, but I don't know if they quite believed it. I've eaten there tons of times and that's the only time I've ever had to wait more than about 10 minutes to get a stromboli. I felt bad for the poor waitress because she was the only one on the floor; she was busting her tail and was very apologetic. She said when I was paying "if it was up to me I'd give you guys your meals for having to wait so long."
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Thread Information