Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanging basket on hole #1!

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default Hanging basket on hole #1!

Thanks to Terry & Shawn we now have a hanging basket on hole #1!

Attached Images Attached Images

"....hangman is comin' down from the gallows and I won't be makin' par..."
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    "....hangman is comin' down from the gallows and I won't be makin' par..."
    Awesome song.

The basket looks awesome too. I can't wait to get out there and play the course

Default Ladder

I wouldn't be doing my job (I'm a safety engineer in real life) in saying that the ladder does not meet OSHA regulations for proper railing for a stair. I don't think that OSHA would ever come into the park because I don't know how things are run in Indiana. 29 CFR 1910.23 (d) & (e). Just saying.

Other than that it looks good.

I have the same question in general as Daniel. You could just hit the ladder.

Again, it looks really cool and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I have never played a course with a hanging basket.
    Jason Van Over

Buffalo Chip

Jim Reynolds was a crucial part of this project as well!

Oh Holy Crud! Is it located where the original placement was? Wouldn't the ladder make it *much* easier to park the hole by hitting or aiming for the ladder? Or, is it not there all the time?
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

I just played it this morning and it's saaa-weeeet. Honestly, if you hit those stairs you might bounce out to be better parked but you could just as easily end up underneath it with a really difficult shot--bottom line, the stairs will giveth and the stairs will taketh away. To be honest if you get to where they are you probably wouldn't have enough velocity on your disc to go screaming past by much anyway (unless you seriously over-threw the hole and only the guys with really big arms---who tend to know when to let off anyway,) so I don't see it making much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    I just played it this morning and it's saaa-weeeet. Honestly, if you hit those stairs you might bounce out to be better parked but you could just as easily end up underneath it with a really difficult shot--bottom line, the stairs will giveth and the stairs will taketh away. To be honest if you get to where they are you probably wouldn't have enough velocity on your disc to go screaming past by much anyway (unless you seriously over-threw the hole and only the guys with really big arms---who tend to know when to let off anyway,) so I don't see it making much of an issue.
    When I played it, I had a bit of a time keeping the power down and not blowing past it. It's not hard to throw past that hole, which ever arrangement it's in. (Yes, I had some serious power...key term being *had*...)

As it was, my original question was just my first thought in seeing it. It's a cool thing, just curious to see if there would be an "advantage" by hitting and stopping the disc under or close to the basket. If I ever get up there again, I'll see if I can try and hit the ladder to prove my point...hee hee hee!
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Good impute guys. The question at hand is should we make under the stairs OB? Sounds like the general consensus is no. What if someone lands under the stairs in tournament play? Do you play your lie from directly above from the step? As far as hitting the stairs for an advantage; good luck. It could be as hard as getting an ace. If you hit wood at that velocity, it could go anywhere. You call it. We'll make it happen.
    Last edited by Terry Glass; 07-20-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Glass View Post
    Good impute guys. The question at hand is should we make under the stairs OB? Sounds like the general consensus is no. What if someone lands under the stairs in tournament play? Do you play your lie from directly above from the step? As far as hitting the stairs for an advantage; good luck. It could be as hard as getting an ace. If you hit wood at that velocity, it could go anywhere. You call it. We'll make it happen.
    I agree with Martin that I don't know if it should be OB (especially when you consider the majority of people who land under them will do so on a putt,) but I think if you're under it that's where you play it. Like I said earlier, the stairs will giveth and the stairs will taketh away.

Thread Information