Thread: Charlestown update...

Default Charlestown update...

All, I met with the Charlestown Building/Zoning commissioner this morning (July 5th); and was able to find out the exact city boundaries in regard to the land proposed for an initial course[s]. Much to my surprise, not only did he say that there was a distinct possibility of flying over some private property that might be somewhat in the way, he also showed me a large tract of prime 'bluff' area that they were seriously considering clearing out anyway; and it would afford some wonderful airtime shots!

The long and the short of the meeting is it appears that we will either put together a mega 27 hole course, or two 18 holed courses across the street from each other. The general consensus was that we could place these initial courses with an eye on seeing how they are supported in the community with the possibility of adding 3-4 more in the coming years. This would make Charlestown, and the metro Louisville area in general, a serious hot spot for disc golf.

Mr. Jackson is going to put together some aerial maps this week and get them to me ASAP; so we can go ahead and put a proposal on the table....he even said he'd like to play himself. Sounds good so far; however please continue to make favorable contact with the city about your desire for a new course.

Throw First, Putt Last! Roger/Eddiebtrue

::Golf Clap::

Thanks again Roger!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

The the idea of having 2 18 hole courses sounds like a great idea. One course could be designed for the pros and the other could be design for beginners/intermediate. Regardless, the fact that there is potential for a new course(s) excites me.

Super news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Great news Roger!!!

LDGC Public Relations

good job roger - thats the info that was most needed - good stuff

Thread Information