Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tee Signs

^^^ agreed and the tee signs looks very nice also.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thanks for the clarification Martin. I just assumed it was parks that spread the chips. They did a great job.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

And Iroquois is a course that needs the chips because it can get soupy
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Any idea on when the signs will be ready for Otter Creek?
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Very soon.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

The new signs look good. I like how they are low to the ground and not on a post.

LDGC Public Relations

wow - played iroquois last night at leagues - the youth group from oklahoma did an amazing job - they mulched the entire hillside on hole 9 - amazing

they also mulched a number of the paths and around the baskets and teepads

Default Finally played IQ

I finally got to play IQ a couple of weeks ago and forgot to make a comment even though everyone else and their brother has played the course now.

1) I like the layout
    2) I shot even from the shorts because of some blow bys on some holes and trying to figure out a different route after the guy I was playing with threw.
    3) A rec player, playing from the shorts, should be able to at least par the course every time out. It was my third time playing this year and I shot par counting everything as a par 3. I was told that one of the holes is a par 4. I'm guessing the uphill dogleg right (I don't know the number)
    4) I Ace ran 1, 2, 3, 4, the nipple hole, a couple others in the woods that I don't remember the numbers, and 18. My putting stinks. I missed some easy 10 footers.
    5) The nipple hole needs stairs made on the back side if people are going to continue to go down that side instead of walking back down the fairway and around. That is dangerous and needs to be addressed before it becomes worse than what it is and someone gets hurt. It would be a great addition if some steps could be constructed that went around the back side. They could go straight down, spiral around the hill, be all the way around, etc. They could be built to still maintain the drop-off factor but made so that it is safe to traverse the hole.
    6) There is a hole in the woods. Dogleg left, maybe one or two before the TigerWoods hole. There is a small tree stump off the front right of the tee pad about 5 inches high. I think that could dangerous if someone stepped off the front of the teepad onto it. Left handers especially.
    7) Overall, I think IQ is a course that is true to the original course that is beginner friendly. I hope to be able to play there again soon due to the fun factor it had. I haven't had that much fun playing in a long time. Maybe also due to the fact that I don't get to play much.
    8) Good job AllStar crew.
    Jason Van Over

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

Number 5 is a great point! I also love playing there because it's so fun but next time play from the Longs because it's even better.

Thread Information