Thread: Spraying for Ticks

Default Spraying for Ticks

The course will be sprayed for ticks today or tomorrow. You sissies can go play now.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

geez jeremy you don't have to be so mean about it! Seriously though I have been asking alot of people that have been there and it is getting better. I remember opening day was horrible. 20 ticks on each sock and about as many on the rest of me plus some bag hitchhikers I found at home. A few weeks ago it was down to 20 ticks per person. Last weekend (not this past weekend) it was down to about 4-6 per person. So it getting better and the spraying will help it even further. Thanks Jeremy for your ever so polite update. I look forward to throwing your bag in IQ pond for calling me a sissy!

Yeah, with the park closed for years the deer and turkey population was free to roam through the course. As the human traffic grows it will keep the wildlife from bedding and grazing on the course. Once the wildlife leaves...the ticks will go with them.

I'm obviously only joking with the "sissy" comments. It's very obviously a problem at the course. I am shocked at the ammount people are reporting though. During all the clean up out there I only found maybe ten tick on me over the course of a few months. I never even used bug spray during the clean up. During the rounds I've played since the opening I've only found about the same number of ticks on me but I HAVE been using spray now. There must be a few nest that people have walked through or stood in. I don't know.

Nevertheless, we're spraying and hopefully that will help even more.

Damon, if you're too sissy to play with a few ticks you're probably to sissy to even be able to pickup my bag...more or less throw it. (PLEASE KNOW THAT I'M ONLY KIDDING WITH THE SISSY COMMENTS!!!)
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Of course I know. I just hope you and anyone else looking know that I know that you know that I well whatever i lost it in there somewhere. It's all fun and games. Sarcasm is a sport to me. I am rated 1096 according to SAA (Sarcasm Association of America), and they use the same scale as the PDGA oddly enough. So that makes me the top PRO.

This is the best thread ever! My wife called me a sissy when I asked her to remove the tick I got from Otter. It was a small one and I didnt have my glasses yet so I couldnt really see what I was doing.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

LDGC Public Relations

On the news tonight they reported on a super tick

Heads up lyme disease - super tick violent death - the tick has to have been imbedded for a few hrs - so just clean up and check yourself out - ticks aren't as bad as chiggers and mosquito clouds

chiggers suck. ive had plenty of those, most of the time on my back. They're definitely worse than ticks.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Thread Information