Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disc Golf Shoes?!?!

Hybrid View

Question Disc Golf Shoes?!?!

I am looking at some different shoes, and wanted to get some input from the forum.

Merrell Moab GORE-TEX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keen Tryon WP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi-Tec V-Lite Infinity eVent

Anyone have any insight on these particular shoes? Anyone recommend a different brand/model?
    Love the NastyPants, you will!

Favorite Gas: My Own
    Favorite Liquid: High Quality H2O
    Favorite Solid: Plastic

I bought a pair of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra shoes. I like them a lot. No complaints...except the price. See them here.

Quest Outdoors has them...and several other brands.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

I use these: http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Prod...9?dimensions=0. They are the non gortex version and are very breathable. I tried shoes on at Dicks, Bass Pro, and Swags. I went with Swags because they were mad knowledgable and had a sale going on at the time. When I first when looking I wanted the goretex version but they fit differently. I tried on both versions in the same size and the Ventilators fit great while the goretex was tight and uncomfortable. After I purchased I found out through Merrell that they could have sent me a smaller goretex insole that would have fit better. Im glad I didnt do that because goretex makes your feet sweat more and I already have enough of that going on. When the ground is wet or covered with snow I throw on the Sealskinz (or a pair of goretex socks) with athletic socks underneath that wick. This setup works great for me all year around. Disc Golf Review has a subform for body gear with multiple threads on shoes here: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=28.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Disc Golf Review has a subform for body gear with multiple threads on shoes here: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=28.
    Great Info!!! I used it to help finalize my decision, thank you very much. You have to love a community that strives for the betterment of all athletes!

And, Mark, those Salomons are indeed nice, but pricey. I looked at several pairs; Keen, Merrell, Salomon, Hi-Tec, Teva and others. For the price and features, I'm pretty stoked about my purchase!
    Last edited by JohnnyNoPants; 06-14-2011 at 12:00 PM.

I am officially pulling my recommendation. In less than 6 months, the soles are coming apart. The local store and company said it was normal wear and I'm stuck with what I have. If that's normal, it's my last pair of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNoPants View Post

And, Mark, those Salomons are indeed nice, but pricey.
    Mark

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

I have a pair of Merrell Moab XFCs that I love. They are waterproof and super comfy.

I also have some Teva S/Ns that aren't waterproof but are really comfortable.

Thumbs up Hot Damn, I got a new pair of shoes!

Great input, gentlemen! I ended up getting the Merrell Moab GORE-TEX® XCR®. I got them for a steal at $74.99.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNoPants View Post
    Great input, gentlemen! I ended up getting the Merrell Moab GORE-TEX® XCR®. I got them for a steal at $74.99.

WTF?! I paid 120 for mine like 3 weeks ago! #ripoff

Don't hate; congratulate, HAHA!!! I was shocked to find them for that price as well. Got to love Feebay, sometimes! $10.95 shipping, brings the total to $85.94. U.S. Seller with great feedback and history of selling Merrell shoes!

Those are good looking shoes. I wish I could have found my Salomons for that.
    Mark

Thread Information