Thread: Freeman Lake Park Closing For A Few Months

Hybrid View

Default Freeman Lake Park Closing For A Few Months

The city announced that Freeman Lake Park will be closed from July until at least November to do some repair work.
    I don't know what this means for the DG course. We might still be able to play some holes that aren't around the lake. Will prolly have to park by Target.

What does this mean for the Freeman Lake Open?
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

That's pretty sad, if true. I know they "closed" it during Xmas time, but we were always able to play around the decorations...hopefully it's the same type thing. FLP is just such a beautiful course...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Right now Freeman Lake Open is still up in the air, but I can't rule anything out at the moment. I just wish the city would give us a exact date when they'll be done but they never listen anyway. As soon I get more details i'll keep everyone posted bout Freeman Lake Open...

The newspaper said they hope to get it open by November, just in time to close it for Christmas in the park.
    Rumor is the contractor has said they have 300 days to complete the project. If true that could push it back til next May.
    They have a new groundskeeper, and the upkeep have the grass is not nearly as good as it was (hole 3 and hole 4 long basket placements and all along the water for example). I really doubt that they will mow at all while the park is "closed".
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Thread Information