Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    While I agree with Marcus that beat disc are great, I think its better for beginners to get new plastic. It lets you see how the disc breaks in and that is important to know.

Good point. I didn't even think about that. I was just thinking from when I started and I just assumed that disc were like other things in that the older ones are worn out and you'd be ready to replace them after a time, and it's not the case. That and the fact that you can get them for less.
    Last edited by Adam; 06-07-2011 at 11:52 AM.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

LDGC Public Relations

where did you play ultimate?

you should check out www.louisvilleultimate.org
    we just kicked off our summer league here in louisville and have about 160 or so players

there is also pickup ultimate at 6 on wednesdays at Cherokee Park

Derby City is a good spot to get plastic - I suggest slightly used over new as you are getting started

one disc I recommend is the Condor - Louisville just happens to have a few around - think of it as a heavier, smaller ultrastar

also tonight we have a golf league at Seviren Lang at 6pm - I am going up there with another ulty player around 4 - welcome to carpool up with us if you want - let me know
    Last edited by martin; 06-07-2011 at 01:00 PM.

i played ultimate at campbellsville university...
    i would've loved to carpool, but i had work.

thanks every one for the help! played my first game today... the previous ultimate experience definitely seemed to push me up the learning curve a bit!

Default more questions

does anyone have some throwing tips for begginers? my dad and myself are having a bit of difficulty with getting the disc to not dive off to the left on the backhand...

LDGC Public Relations

Simply - compared to an ultrastar - throw them flat, harder, and follow through
    Once you get them to fly to the right - all you have to do is find some balance in between

Another option is to compensate - throw off to the right of your target as the disc should return to the middle

Thread Information