Thread: Minutes From 5/14/11 Meeting

Hybrid View

Post Minutes From 5/14/11 Meeting

Minutes From 5/14/11 Meeting

Attendance

No roll call was taken at this meeting. I did a headcount as Adam was speaking and counted 28 people in attendance. Thanks to those who were able to make it out.

Surprise

Jeremy started things off with the big surprise. He has asked the guys at Innova for years to run Dave a signature series of Condors. They have always said no but this time they agreed to atleast run some and custom stamp them for us. Adam based the design off of the old circle stamped KC disc. As seen in the other thread we will be selling these as our first fundraiser for the 2012 Masters. The price will be $15 for club members and $20 for non members. Some were autographed by Dave and are already posted on Ebay.

Course Update

Dave informed us that work at the Taylorsville course will blow wide open soon. Volunteers will be needed so keep your eyes open if you wish to help out.

Club Growth/Expansion

For those who might have missed it we now have a Facebook page that can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/louisvillediscgolfclub. If you use Facebook please like us and info/updates will be posted on there.

Our main line of communication will still be the website/forums but we are expanding our communication and online presence for the future.

With over sixty people currently in the club we have our largest member base than in recent years. We want to know what skills or hobbies you all have that could help the club out in some way. Some examples would be: Landscaping, Woodworking, Metal Fabricator, Graphic Artist, or Video/Photography.

We still need more TD's for events. Everyone has to retest due to the 2011 rule changes. The test cost $10 (not free for affiliate clubs anymore) and is still open book. Once you pass you are good for three years.

Open Position

Nate has to step down as Treasurer due to work and family. If you are interested in this position please let us know ASAP.

Events/Leagues

The CVO format will be two rounds of twenty-seven holes a day. We talked about having the pros play early then have the ams tee off afterwards. This will open the field up for more players, volunteers, and spectators.

Jeremy has alot on his plate and won't be able to put as much time into this years CVO. He needs all of our help and will be posting a prep list with things that will need to be done leading up to this event. I will be a non playing TD for the CVO but we could use others to help out and spot.

There is a chance that we will have the PDGA trailer at the event and are exploring media options.

We are expecting more big names this year and are still looking for fundraising ideas.

The FATPAD will be at Otter Creek now that it has reopened. It is the easiest event to run and would be the perfect learner event for new TD's or people interested in seeing whats involved.

Summer leagues are Tues at Seviren Lang, Wed at Iroquois, and Thurs at Vettiner. The format for Seviren rotates between best shot pro/am doubles and handicaped singles while IQ and CV are both best shot pro/am doubles.

Lately alot of pros have been showing up to leagues and not as many ams as the previous years. Ams play an important part in the growth of this sport and we would like to see more come out to leagues. Leagues are a great learning experience for newer players so if you have any ideas that will bring out more let us know.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

I can do these things > Metal Fabricator, Woodworking, Graphic Artist, Landscaping, in that order
    Cause of my M.S. i am free just about any day at any time.

I didn't get to make it to the meeting. I am curious if there was any updates/talk concerning the course at the Tom Sawyer park. I live about 5 mins away from Tom Sawyer and could help out with the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot View Post
    I didn't get to make it to the meeting. I am curious if there was any updates/talk concerning the course at the Tom Sawyer park. I live about 5 mins away from Tom Sawyer and could help out with the installation.
    Should know sometime in about 2 weeks. The new interim park manager called me Wednesday to introduce himself and let me know that the project wasn't dead yet. He asked what the project was about, what the park would be responsible for, etc. I pitched the project for the third time and he was interested. He knows about the Taylorsville project as well and said that it would take two weeks to get a final answer and to call him if he hasn't call me. Sorry for the lack of updates but there really hasn't been any other than new park managers and having to tell them about the project again.
    Jason Van Over

That's good! I remain optimistic.

Wow, I want my Condor's now!!! Can we pre-pay? BTW, I was planning on coming to the meeting; however my charity kickball team with UPS outperformed our expectations; and we ended up playing until 9 p.m. Saturday! (I'd have rather been at the meeting though!!!) Roger

Quote Originally Posted by EddieBTrue View Post
    Wow, I want my Condor's now!!! Can we pre-pay? BTW, I was planning on coming to the meeting; however my charity kickball team with UPS outperformed our expectations; and we ended up playing until 9 p.m. Saturday! (I'd have rather been at the meeting though!!!) Roger
    If you want to pay via Paypal you can. Just PM me.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    I can do these things > Metal Fabricator, Woodworking, Graphic Artist, Landscaping, in that order
    Cause of my M.S. i am free just about any day at any time.
    Thanks Mike! I also want to point out that what I listed were just a few examples. If you guys have ANY talents that could help in any way please let us know. We are looking for creative ideas that could help with course cleanup/updates or events.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot View Post
    Chris, there wasn't much mentioned at the meeting about Sawyer because Jason wasn't there and he is the guy who has been in contact with them. He did post yesterday that we should know something soon. The Gov and his wife were at Otter Creek when it reopened and seemed to have some interest in DG. Outside of the meeting it was said that we should get him word about the new courses and see if there was anything he could do to get things rolling quicker.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thread Information