Thread: Mosquitoes at Buffalo Trace

Default Mosquitoes at Buffalo Trace

For those who've not been to Buffalo Trace in a few weeks, the town of Palmyra had about 18 inches of rain in about a week, and as flat as it is there's nowhere for the water to go. Huge parts of the town have been flooded and now they're getting mosquitoes galore. A friend of mine lives in Pal and she posted the following on her Facebook page (capital letters are all hers, I'm not quite that dramatic,) so keep it in mind if you have thoughts of playing up there:

"PALMYRA RESIDENTS AND VISITORS: The health department tested the standing water today and had determined that the mosquitoes ARE the disease carrying type. They have a chemical to treat the larvae but NOTHING for the already hatched. DO NOT GO OUT WITHOUT REPELLENT containing DEET!"
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Buffalo Chip

Testify....that just ramped up the Buffalo Trace attendance for the next few weeks. The truth hurts sometimes I guess nothing a little OFF and a flamethrower cant handle. I have tried to get in touch with the Parks Manager for the last two days with no success. I want to know when the disc golf park will be mowed if need be Ill go out and do it myself. The park has been flooded as Marcus mentioned so I figure as soon as it drys out they will mow for the first time this season.

http://www.off.com/en-US/Promotions/...ogoCoupon.aspx

buy one get one free coupon for the clip ons OFF brand
    Last edited by G1nked; 05-13-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Guess what. It's that time of year. I played severn lang today and the mosqitoes are incredible. If I had not covered myself head to foot with backwoods off; I would not have made it.
    Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein

I did cover myself from head to foot at Seviren today---about 4 or 5 times. I didn't see any ticks, though. I think the mosquitoes ate them.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Thread Information