Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another meeting with Charlestown Mayor Hall this week...

Default Another meeting with Charlestown Mayor Hall this week...

All,
    I was contacted by Charlestown Mayor Hall's secretary last Friday about a follow meeting towards the goal of a course[s] in Charlestown; and we're supposed to confirm an appointment tomorrow. Hopefully there'll be more positive information coming out later in the week. No, this doesn't mean anything definitive; but at least the proverbial disc continues to roll along like a DLG roller on #15 at SL!!!

BTW, if you haven't made contact with the mayor's office about your interest in a course in Charlestown, please, please reach out to them.

Thanks for keeping us informed Roger, I hope they have good news!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Just a thought, but if you have a copy of the magazine handy maybe you could take that to him just to give some indication that there is a strong disc golf community around the country/world. In particular show the page that lists all the tournaments because bringing in out-of-towners to eat at restaurants, fill their gas tanks, and stay in their motels is how towns will benefit from building a course
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

All, the Charlestown meeting has been moved to May 25th as Mayor Hall wants to takea golf cart tour of the prospective course[s] sites. My ardent hope is that Adam and DLG would attend the meeting as well; however I haven't been able to reach either; so please pass the word on to them if at all possible. Charlestown is a very real possibility; and we need to put our best foot forward. The meeting time is from 9-11:30 am. If you are able to reach Adam or DLG please give them my cell # 502 835 3974 or work # 502 359 7473. Thanks! Roger

I talked to Dave, we'll be there.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thanks again for the update Roger, I hope all goes well at the survey!

Any developments on this meeting with the city government people? Also, a while back someone sent me a study done showing the economic benefits of having disc golf (more aptly disc golf tournaments) in a given area. I can pass it along to whoever is meeting with the city government people and hopefully it will help out.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Thanks Wyatt, that would be an excellent thing to have. Could you please email that to me: higdon (dot) adam at gmail

The meeting with the Mayor of Charlestown went very well. He seems like a real nice, easy to work with kind of guy who's proud of the improvements his town has made in recent years and seems excited about adding disc golf to the list of activities the town has to offer. He showed Dave, Roger and I around their city park which is a nice, scenic piece of property where he would like to see the course. He asked us to get a proposal together and we hope to get started on that very soon.

On a side note, he briefly showed us a very large property the town will receive from the Army in the next couple years that could possibly be the site of future courses.

I don't want to get everyone's hopes up until we know more and things are finalized, but things look good so far.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Great job prez!

Good to hear it went ok and thanks again for the updates.

Thread Information