Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Otter Creek Opening (May 11th)

So what you're saying is, after the nuclear apocalypse the roaches will have some company?
    You Forgot about Kieth Richards. He will be there

Buffalo Chip

I only had one tick and it fell out of the tree over the picnic table near the parking lot and i seen it when it landed. I found one more crawling on my shirt when i got home and one on the side of Ed's caddy when we stopped for gas on the way home. Lil Fat guy and Ed hooked me up with Deet before we played so I was solid. It was a walk in the park compared to the misquittos up my way with all the standing water its gonna be a blood bath im afraid so I would rather leave home without my disc bag then OFF this time of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by G1nked View Post
    I only had one tick and it fell out of the tree over the picnic table near the parking lot and i seen it when it landed. I found one more crawling on my shirt when i got home and one on the side of Ed's caddy when we stopped for gas on the way home. Lil Fat guy and Ed hooked me up with Deet before we played so I was solid. It was a walk in the park compared to the misquittos up my way with all the standing water its gonna be a blood bath im afraid so I would rather leave home without my disc bag then OFF this time of the season.
    I don't know if they still are, but Buffalo Trace used to be really good about spraying for mosquitoes. My dad played softball there in the 80s, and I can remember them driving a truck around the perimeter of the park spraying. It was a little rough breathing and I probably have a lot better shot at lung cancer than most,but it thinned out the mosquitoes.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Buffalo Chip

They didn't do it last year due to budget restrictions I asked numerous times and finally was told this I hope they will find the funds to do this again this year. I'm sure once all the water resides and the grass gets cut it will be much more tolerable. Nothing some OFF can't handle

Try the little clip on things from OFF that are battery powered fans. Those things work like a charm to repel mosquitos. Don't know about ticks. I have a swarm in my back yard and it works like magic to keep them away. All you have to do is clip it to your bag and you're good to go. Something like $8. Worth every penny...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

I just played out at Otter Creek today, and the last time I played there was right before it closed and I only had like 3 discs and sucked. I'd just like to say that all the hard work put into that course really showed as it was set up exactly as I remember. Also, the course is much easier than it used to be, but that's just because my skill level has drastically improved. Thanks to everyone who worked on the course. Also, I only found 2 ticks on me, but did use plenty of bug spray...and some of those areas off the fairways are easy places to lose discs.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Thread Information