Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Otter Creek Opening (May 11th)

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Suggestion - instead of our regular doubles league at iq next wed - what do folks think about heading down to otter to represent and have leagues there
    It will be VERY crowded Wed. To try to run leagues through there on what will prolly be the busiest day/night is just not the best idea.
    I can easily imgine that there will be too many people there not participating in league play to make it enjoyable for the league people or the the non-league people. Please rethink this idea.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It will be VERY crowded Wed. To try to run leagues through there on what will prolly be the busiest day/night is just not the best idea.
    I can easily imgine that there will be too many people there not participating in league play to make it enjoyable for the league people or the the non-league people. Please rethink this idea.
    I agree that it'll be crowded but I think it'd be okay to try. I'll be there.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Can't do leagues, but mystically my schedule has cleared up for the early part of the day.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

LDGC Public Relations

What if it was more of an all afternoon league - byop doubles - get those VERY many people involved

This would help from overloading the small course with folks all at the same time.
    Last edited by martin; 05-05-2011 at 12:27 PM.

LDGC Public Relations

How late will the park be open?

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    How late will the park be open?
    I don't know. I assume until dark. I'll find out.

Where do you go to pay. I heard you can go to some site to pay for the season pass. Can anyone tell me the site please.

Most information you'll need can be found here.

You will also be able to buy passes at the front gate.
    Last edited by jeremy; 05-09-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Great job to all involved in getting the course ready.

Not only did the course look like it did 2 1/2 years ago, it was even better. There use to be quite a bit of brush along the right side of hole 3's fareway, that is now gone and I think there was a brush pile between 6 and 7 that is now gone.

When Jeremy advised us to bring bug spray, he wasn't kidding. Lots and lots of ticks there. Our group of 5 had about 20 ticks by the end of the day, even with bug spray.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Great job to all involved in getting the course ready.

Not only did the course look like it did 2 1/2 years ago, it was even better. There use to be quite a bit of brush along the right side of hole 3's fareway, that is now gone and I think there was a brush pile between 6 and 7 that is now gone.

When Jeremy advised us to bring bug spray, he wasn't kidding. Lots and lots of ticks there. Our group of 5 had about 20 ticks by the end of the day, even with bug spray.

You could give yourself a good spraying before teeing off on one and by the time you got to the basket you were already pulling them off. I removed one when I got home from my foot that was no bigger than the tip of a pen. So be advised they are all different sizes.

I got there at 10am and left after leagues were over sometime after 8pm. I had a blast and am so happy that OCP is open again! Thanks to everyone who played a part in getting it done. There are alot of happy golfers out there.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thread Information