Thread: Otter Creek Progress (3/12/11)

Hybrid View

Default Otter Creek Progress (3/12/11)

Today we really kicked the courses butt. We were able to cut up the remaining debris on the back nine and prepare it for removal. We also were able to remove the majority of the debris from the front nine via tractor and trailer. I was able to talk the new manager into letting us put hole #8 back in it's original spot (he wanted us to move it before). We're just going to put a chain link fence along the fence row behind the basket. We went ahead and dug and poured the poles and the basket. A few more work days and it will be ready for the grand opening. Thanx for all the hard work guys!!!
    Last edited by jeremy; 03-13-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Good stuff guys, thanks for the update!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Another bit of good news is that local disc golfer, Troy Duke, submitted an application to Otter Creek to become a part of the maintenance staff and it was excepted. It will be good to have an avid disc golf a part of the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Today we really kicked the courses butt. We were able to cut up the remaining debris on the back nine and prepare it for removal. We also were able to remove the majority of the debris from the front nine via tractor and trailer. I was able to talk the new manager into letting us put hole #8 back in it's original spot (he wanted us to move it before). We're just going to put a chain link fence along the fence row behind the basket. We went ahead and dug and poured the poles and the basket. A few more work days and it will be ready for the grand opening. Thanx for all the hard work guys!!!
    So you're going to be throwing across #8's fairway to get to #7's basket again? Or am I reading this wrong?
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    So you're going to be throwing across #8's fairway to get to #7's basket again? Or am I reading this wrong?
    No...it's going back to the placement it was in before the park it was closed. At first he wanted us to move it closer to the tee in hope to keep people from throwing on to private property. The fence will keep that from happening.

Great work guys!!!

Ok, Jerm. I thought when you said "original" that it was the first one. (Doesn't matter, I'm only going to play it once or twice on opening day and that's it for me...) I like this shot better anyway...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Thread Information