Thread: Work day - Monday, March 7

Hybrid View

Default Work day - Monday, March 7

Starting at 10am this Monday the 7th we're going to do some course clean up to get ready for the $25 CVO Fundraiser the following Saturday. Bring loppers, hedge trimmers, saws and anything non-motorized that you think could be useful. Despite all the work that's been done there are still lots of thorns, so protect your throwing hand and bring some gloves!

Any help will be greatly appreciated. See you there!
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

We're supposed to get a little relief from the rain after today. That's great news for leagues at Seviren on Sunday and for the work day we have planned there Monday!

Weather is looking great for the work day tomorrow. It's gonna be a little cold in the morning but it will warm up to 50 by the afternoon.

Thanks to everyone who came out today. We got a lot of work done mainly on hole 18. We cleaned up the tunnel removing lots of debris from either side of the fairway there and some of the rough on the left just before the basket. We also spent a lot of time clearing the stream and removing tons sticks and logs blocking the water from draining out. The course keeps getting better!

Sorry I couldn't help but my schedule had me too far away from Edwardsville to sneak over there (and even more sorry I can't play in the tournament because of my daughter's swim meet that was originally scheduled for Friday night but now is pretty much all day Saturday. My main concern would be the water collecting around the #5 teepad. Even if the pad itself is dry, often the whole walkway between #4 and #5 is a swamp. I don't know how you'd keep water off the pad if it's collected there, but as for the walkway, in a pinch you could use a few warehouse palettes or something like that to make a bit of a "bridge" if needed.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

If the tee pad isn't dry there's a rubber mat just next to it that is and there's a makeshift bridge across the water. We were supposed to meet the parks department out there yesterday to talk about things like that but they had some emergency projects come up and couldn't make it.

Cool---bridge must have gone in since I played last week. Too bad Buffalo Trace doesn't have something similar, because I had to trudge out into the water on #7 to get my Cobra.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Great job guys. This course is awesome. Can't wait
    to play it more.

Thread Information