Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bag Tag Rules!

LDGC Public Relations

Default Re: Bag Tag Rules!

Rules of the 2011 Greater Louisville Bag Tag Challenge (UPDATE FROM 2010)

Basics
    The goal of the Greater Louisville Bag Tag Challenge is to bring Louisville’s disc golf community closer together through friendly competition The basic rules of a Bag Tag Challenge are that there are 120 (or more) tags that are numbered sequentially from 1 to 120. Anyone with a higher tag number can challenge anyone with a lower tag number. The challenge can take place anywhere and can involve any number of tag holders. At the end of the challenge, the tags are re-assigned to the golfers with the winning score receiving the lowest number tag. All Bag Taggers and Bag Tag Info is posted online in the bulletin board at http://www.louisvillediscgolf.com.

Types of Play
    The normal play is stroke play where the lowest score wins. This may change as agreed upon by the participants. If both participants agree then any type of play is available. Some options are match play, CTPs, putt off, best disc doubles, worst disc doubles, around the 9, Paper-Rock-Scissors, etc. As long as both players agree before the match begins.

In addition, there are obvious differences in talent among players in the greater Louisville area. To make it fair for all participants, handicaps can and should be used to even the scores as long as it is agreed upon prior to the match. For example, a person with #19 wants to challenge the person with #12. The person with #19 normally shoots even at Iroquois and the person with #12 normally shoots 7 under. Prior to the match, the two participants may agree to give the person with #19, 7 strokes to make the play more challenging for both players.

Conduct
    1. Conduct yourself within the spirit of the competition.
    2. Challenges need to be accepted in order for the series to work for everyone.
    3. Upon every player’s bag tag purchase, a phone number and e-mail address will be required.
    4. When you arrive at a course, you subject yourself to being challenged by the first person that challenges you, even if you were looking for another challenge.
    5. Challenges are to be made by choosing times and courses that are reasonable.
    6. The Greater Louisville Bag Tag Challenge participants must display their tag where it can be seen easily. Concealing your tag is not allowed.
    7. The player with tag number 1 must defend it at least once every 14-calendar days or it is automatically exchanged with tag number 2.
    8. Players not abiding by the rules are subject to discipline.

Challenges
    1. Tags 1-25 (red tags) can only be challenged from within 10 tag places – all tags 26+ can be challenged by anyone
    2. Any tag can accept a challenge backwards if they so accept.
    Doubles
    The winning doubles partners would receive the lowest two tag numbers, the losing partners the highest tags.
    Groups (3 or more)
    If more then two players want to compete in a challenge this can be done – following that the above rules are followed. Tags #1, #11, and #30 want to play one another. 30 can only challenge #1 if #1 gives the, “okay.”

Refusal of Challenges
    A person being challenged may refuse a challenge only under the following circumstances:
    1. The person being challenged has already taken part in one challenge that day.
    2. Any challenge that is less then a round (18 holes?) of golf may refuse despite not receiving any other challenges.
    3. The person being challenged is leaving (must be obvious)
    4. The person being challenged is already waiting for a challenge that was set up and is within the 20-minute wait window of the pre-arranged time. Past the 20 minute window, the person being challenged must accept the challenge.
    5. The person being challenged is participating in a social outing that is bringing new players to the sport.

Discipline
    1. Players found not abiding by the rules are subject to the following penalties
    • New tag issued, using the lowest tag number available
    • Tag revoked and not reissued
    2. Not having your tag with you may constitute refusing a challenge and could result in forfeiting your tag.
    3. Two reported incidents of misconduct would result in the player forfeiting his/her tag and starting at the bottom. Two additional reports of misconduct will result in the player being eliminated from the challenge and his number put back into the “pot” to be purchased by the next new player.
    4. Report incidents of misconduct (refusing challenges, cheating, etc.) privately to:
    Martin Young:502-291-5422 or pm martin on the message board

Cost
    1. It is $10 dollars to purchase a tag and participate in the Greater Louisville Bag Tag Challenge

Weekly Leagues
    Leagues tend to be doubles format – Bag Tags may be used if you so choose, but being Doubles that will be your own personal choice.

Tournaments
    Bag Tags may be placed in the box at the TD station along with $1 to compete for tags during a tournament. Handicaps may or may not be in play. Tags exchanged after the completion of the Tourney.

The money collected ($1) entry fees for Bag Tag events will go into the larger pool to payout winners of Bag Tag Tournies and the End of the Season Bag Tag Tournament.

Lost Tag
    1. A new tag number can be issued for a fee of $10.00

Conclusion
    1. Contest will end at an event in the fall of 2011. There will be a final tournament where all tag numbers are available to be exchanged. The final tournament will be scheduled and posted on the message board and all participants will be notified. All participants are eligible to win any tag number.

These rules may be amended by Martin Young.
    Last edited by martin; 02-02-2011 at 10:27 AM.

LDGC Public Relations

RULES UPDATE - any suggestions??

1 amendment i am considering

In leagues and tournies gold tags must be played if the player participates - the player with a gold tag may play the tag and so is exempt from the $1 fee

Gold saves you a $1, I think that's a good suggestion.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Rule #5- Refusal of Challenge- Would this also be in effect if you are out playing a round with your family? (Not really bringing a new player(s), but I feel like family time is just that and should not be able to be infringed upon. What is the ruling for this situation. This has not happened, but I donot want to be out playing a round or two with my wife and kids and have that interrupted by someone who notices that I have a lower tag than they do.

LDGC Public Relations

family - friends - new players -all can constitute a social outing - refusal for a challenge would be just fine

Banned Users

I have a suggestion.......

Conduct:The tags are not to be defaced, written on, stickers peeled, or destroyed in any way. Anyone caught or known to violate this rule will be immediately banned from the bag tags! No questions asked you must turn in your tag, and will be banned from any further tag competitions in the future!

Discipline: 3. Two (CHANGE TO ONE, WE CAN ALL READ RULES AND SHOULD FOLLOW THEM) (NO ONE SHOULD GET A SECOND CHANCE FOR SCREWING OFF) reported incidents of misconduct would result in the player forfeiting his/her tag and starting at the bottom. Two additional reports of misconduct will result in the player being eliminated from the challenge and his number put back into the “pot” to be purchased by the next new player.

This has already happened and I would love to call this person out publicly, however this time I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Word of mouth is going to ruin this person so no need to say anything. Plenty of people already know who has done this. The sad part is this is the same person who I have personally heard preaching unity between the two clubs for over a year now. That was a pretty childish act! No amount of apology will change my opinion of this person at this point.

I am a member of both clubs and support them both. I have helped both clubs in many ways over the years to contribute to this sport, so this year I decided to be a member of both clubs. For someone to sit and peel the AllStars sticker off is totally counter productive to what they preach!
    Last edited by Russ; 04-01-2010 at 07:21 AM.

That is pretty childish stuff. I don't know why anyone would do that. I honestly didn't even know that the tags had both clubs names on it. It's good to see both clubs participating though. It would be neat to see what a unified, peaceful, cooperating community of disc golfers could do.
    Last edited by jeremy; 04-01-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

LDGC Public Relations

rule thoughts

1. gold tag play at league - i am leaving at the discretion of the league director -

2. tags please dont deface any tags anyone - i have already had to remove said tag from circulation to get it replaced/repaired - not cool

so i just reordered the defaced tag - $10 bucks guys - dont want to do that again
    Last edited by martin; 04-01-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Banned Users

Yes...the tags have both clubs on them...LDGC on one side ALLSTARS on the other. The worst part about this whole situation is the person who did this. They know how they are and have probably read this post by now.....SHAME on you!!! Of all the people out there you should know better!!! Martin i sure hope you didnt take the $10 out of your pocket. I would be more than glad to scrape up $10 and pay you just to see this person eliminated from the tags. Let me know...ill pay for it. I lost a great deal of respect for the person who did this!

Let's not beat a dead horse on this one. You've said your piece and we heard it. I HATE that there is division and frustrations between individuals in our community. The worset thing to do is fuel those emotions with our actions (like what happened in this situation). Let's move on now.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Thread Information