Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January meeting _ officers _ nominations _ brainstorming _ please read and answer

LDGC Public Relations

Default January meeting _ officers _ nominations _ brainstorming _ please read and answer

So everyone knows by this point that we are having our first meeting of the year this Friday - January 7th - at the BBC Taproom on Main and Clay

The club currently has 40 paid members for 2011 - I believe this is a record so far for most paid members as of January 3rd - I know there are a slew of local players who have yet to sign up

The major goals Friday will be to elect a new president - celebrate new officers - and come up with new and fun disc golf activities and events for the new year.

I'll get this started right now:

PRESIDENTAL NOMINATION - I nominate Adam Higdon for President of the LDGC 2011

OFFICERS - (anyone who is willing to run/help run events for the LDGC may become officers - it would be of great help for many of you to speak up now and make a committment to something)
    so to start

I will be an officer - I plan to run a new 2011 Bag Tag Year - I am going to be a certified TD at the The First Seviren Lang PDGA event - and i may do something more

WHO ELSE WILL VOLUNTEER TO BE AN OFFICER FOR 2011????

BRAINSTORMING IDEAS:

club tournaments: Charlie Vettiner Open, FAT-PAD - Greater Louisville Open
    player run tournaments: Louisville Classic, Fun Farm Open, Gold Vault, Buffalo Trace, Seviren Lang....
    picnic
    bowling tournament
    fundraisers
    ace race
    skins tournament
    bag tags
    wed leagues
    leagues (at some other time)
    disc skills competion
    disc golf teaching workshop
    doubles tournies before the PDGA tournaments
    all-day tournaments
    worst shot/best short/alternate events

other ideas???

So everyone who reads this - lets get some communication rolling - nominate your 2011 prez - Become a 2011 officer - what disc golf events would you all like to see in this year
    Last edited by martin; 01-03-2011 at 12:42 PM.

I'll second the nomination for Adam as LDGC President.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I will be an officer. I plan on helping Adam and Martin TD the Seviren Lang PDGA event. I also have committed to helping the Murphys in any way with the BTO. There are other things I would like to get going.

I would like to have 2 community days one in Louisville at Iroqouis and the other at Seviren in Indiana. This would be a day where we would invite as many family/non players out and teach them about disc golf. We could show the families that could come that they have an activity that they could all do with thier family. This would require a few golfers to volunteer time and teach as well as help get the word out to churches and schools to draw interest. This maybe a future project but all ideas and volunteers are welcome to contact me about this.

I may participate in other events as well. These are just a few. Lets grow the Disc Golf community and our relationshipss with the communities we play in.

I will also back the nomination for Adam Higdon for LDGC President.

Is it possible to vote by proxy. I don't get off work on Friday's until 9 p.m. and therefore can't make the meeting.

I would be willing to be an officer. Not sure what I will be running/doing yet, but I'm certainly available to help with any number of events. I will no doubt be a certified TD again this year. One thing I would like to bring up: What about the Lebanon Open? Now that I'm not living in Lebanon anymore, this might be something that would take a group effort if it's going to happen.

I am still interested in being an officer. I have not decided on my project yet but I do have a few ideas brewing.

I will also back Adam as the new President.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thanks for the nominations guys, I accept. Whether or not I'm elected, I will volunteer to be an officer under the new club structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby Hill View Post
    Is it possible to vote by proxy. I don't get off work on Friday's until 9 p.m. and therefore can't make the meeting.
    Yes. We plan to start a thread and list the topics we know about at this point that will be voted on so people who can not attend the meeting can vote online. More to come about that soon.

If you aren't familiar with the proposed officer structure, it is very different than the current one. There is no minimum or maximum number of officers and there are no specified roles. To be an officer is to simply commit to help disc golf in some way, Martin gave a number of ideas above. Click here to learn more about the proposed club structure and helping disc golf by becoming an officer.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

I will be a club officer.
    The main thing I do yearly is to make sure the Buffalo Trace Open is set-up. This includes playability and additional course updates. This year I will spearhead a hanging basket on hole #1.
    In addition, I will work with the Buffalo Trace Advisory Board on additional permanent holes. We would like to bring the course to 27 permanent holes.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Buffalo Chip

I will be an club officer.
    I will continue to help maintain Buffalo Trace as it is most convient area for me to work with, I will also attend The Buffalo Trace Advisory Board meetings to push the growth of Buffalo Trace with Terry Glass and The Murphy boys. I would like to also work with Judge and any others to come up with a league at Buffalo Trace and or Lang possibly on a Sunday or a suitable weekday once more consensus information on what works best for the most people. I am going to spearhead the sponsorship drive for the 4th Annual Buffalo Trace Open to add more cash for prizes and payouts. I will also lend a hand in any event that I can arrange transportation to attend in any manner I may be utilized. I also plan to become a TD this year if Jeremy can pass the test surely anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by G1nked View Post
    I also plan to become a TD this year if Jeremy can pass the test surely anyone can.
    You crack me up Shawn!
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

Thread Information