Thread: January meeting _ officers _ nominations _ brainstorming _ please read and answer

Threaded View

LDGC Public Relations

Default January meeting _ officers _ nominations _ brainstorming _ please read and answer

So everyone knows by this point that we are having our first meeting of the year this Friday - January 7th - at the BBC Taproom on Main and Clay

The club currently has 40 paid members for 2011 - I believe this is a record so far for most paid members as of January 3rd - I know there are a slew of local players who have yet to sign up

The major goals Friday will be to elect a new president - celebrate new officers - and come up with new and fun disc golf activities and events for the new year.

I'll get this started right now:

PRESIDENTAL NOMINATION - I nominate Adam Higdon for President of the LDGC 2011

OFFICERS - (anyone who is willing to run/help run events for the LDGC may become officers - it would be of great help for many of you to speak up now and make a committment to something)
    so to start

I will be an officer - I plan to run a new 2011 Bag Tag Year - I am going to be a certified TD at the The First Seviren Lang PDGA event - and i may do something more

WHO ELSE WILL VOLUNTEER TO BE AN OFFICER FOR 2011????

BRAINSTORMING IDEAS:

club tournaments: Charlie Vettiner Open, FAT-PAD - Greater Louisville Open
    player run tournaments: Louisville Classic, Fun Farm Open, Gold Vault, Buffalo Trace, Seviren Lang....
    picnic
    bowling tournament
    fundraisers
    ace race
    skins tournament
    bag tags
    wed leagues
    leagues (at some other time)
    disc skills competion
    disc golf teaching workshop
    doubles tournies before the PDGA tournaments
    all-day tournaments
    worst shot/best short/alternate events

other ideas???

So everyone who reads this - lets get some communication rolling - nominate your 2011 prez - Become a 2011 officer - what disc golf events would you all like to see in this year
    Last edited by martin; 01-03-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Thread Information