Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January Club Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    Well, by meeting time, my home will probably be in New Albany. I would drive it anyway.
    Cool, we're gonna be neighbors basically. After the holidays we should get a round in somewhere.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Cool, we're gonna be neighbors basically. After the holidays we should get a round in somewhere.
    Sounds good to me Adam! Biggest problem with living here is never having anyone to play DG with.

you wont have that problem here in New Albany there are a few of us

And I have a feeling there will be plenty of people out playing the new Seviren Lang DGC in Georgetown once the weather is nice. The parking lot was nearly full the weekend before Thanksgiving before winter really hit us.

I wanted to take a minute to express my hope for all of you to have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Years. I hope we can start out the new year with a crowded and robust club meeting to get 2011 rolling. That meeting of course will mark the end of my term as President of the LDGC. I feel that the club has made great progress overall these past few years. We have grown as a group and have grown closer as friends. There could have been no progress without the support of the members, I don't care who holds the office, the Prez is only as strong as the members allow him/her to be. All of you made me proud everytime I introduced myself as the President of the LDGC. I can tell you that I worked hard to expand our influence with the Parks Dept, I feel that that is one area where we made some of our best progress. I'm disappointed that we still don't have any new courses, but I know they will come. I and DLG have attended every meeting concerning the 21st Century Parks Project, and I am confident that we will see one or two new courses in the future with the new parks being planned. I have every confidence that we have the qualified people ready to take the lead in continuing the progress we have made so far, and I plan to support them in every way I can. I'm 60 yrs old now and I can tell it is harder to keep up with the younger players like I used to, but I will still be out there as long as I can to get my butt kicked by you guys. I urge you all to get involved in the club, you can ask any of the big name players you meet and they will tell you how they value their membership in their personal club. The more we get involved, the more we stand together as a group the more progress we will make. That is where our power and future lies. Again, I want to thank you all for allowing me the honor of serving as your President for the past 3 years and thanks for all the work you have done. I will see you all at the meeting!

Default New Positions

I asked this question on another thread and never saw a response so I will ask again.

How are people going to be nominated for the open positions?
    Will we know who is nominated prior to the vote?
    Can you nominate yourself?
    Do you have to be present at the meeting to be nominated?
    Do you have to be present to vote?

I think that if anyone has an interest in holding a position they should let it be known so they can be nominated. In my case I have no interest in holding a position but I would like to have the ability to vote even though I will be unable to make the meeting due to personal reasons.

Any thoughts on any of my above questions?

Also...
    I think that 2011 will be a pivotal year for the club as there may be as many as 6 new parks open and the 21st Century Parks project may produce more than the one or two courses that Steve mentioned that will need the club's support. Taylorsville is being developed. Tom Sawyer is still on hold but I'm hearing from multiple sources that it is just a matter of time and money. Otter Creek is reopening. The new people that are being elected will have to be deligent in their positions to ensure that the club is seen as a positive reason to have money budgeted for new disc golf courses. The club may also be asked to raise money for new courses. This will probably be the case for Tom Sawyer and I have already gotten permission once the project is approved by the state to sell permanent hole sponsorships that will go toward the cost of installation. Please keep this on the radar too when thinking if you want to hold a position within the LDGC.

...Now off soapbox...
    Jason Van Over

I'll be there

I'll be there if I can get off work in time

Quote Originally Posted by J_VanOver View Post
    I asked this question on another thread and never saw a response so I will ask again.

How are people going to be nominated for the open positions?
    Will we know who is nominated prior to the vote?
    Can you nominate yourself?
    Do you have to be present at the meeting to be nominated?
    Do you have to be present to vote?

I think that if anyone has an interest in holding a position they should let it be known so they can be nominated. In my case I have no interest in holding a position but I would like to have the ability to vote even though I will be unable to make the meeting due to personal reasons.
    I posted the meeting notes in a new thread, click here to view them. If changes to the bylaws are approved, there will no longer be specific jobs for officers like secretary and vice president. This organizational structure is very flat with a the president and officers. The president will be voted on and all other officers will volunteer. There are 2 criteria to become an officer; 1) be a club member and 2) do one thing for the club a year. There is no limit to the number of officers the club can have. Read through the meeting notes and bylaws to find out more.

I like this direction Adam. I would hope that into
    2011 all the people that have volunteered time and labor
    will continue to stay involved in their project.

Club members should be able to vote
    without being at the meeting. Really all
    voting should be done online.

Thread Information