Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The New Seviren Lang DGC

Figures, you guys are playing in my back yard on a day my daughter has a basketball tournament.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

It's been a long time coming, but the ground is finally thawed out and is dry enough that heavy machinery won't tear up the grass. You know what that means?

Dirt has been filled in around all the tee pads!

A big thanks to the New Albany Floyd County Parks Department for all their help and continued commitment to this fantastic disc golf course!

There was a mishap with the tee pad on hole 11 but don't worry, they're going to make sure it gets fixed up.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

You should have let me know! I could have been out there with them to help!!!

LDGC Public Relations

Chuck it was a surprise to us - they had at least 5 workers and a tractor

Course us coming along

Good timing too! If we do actually get some of the light rain they're talking about tonight, it should help pack that down tighter and be ready for seed!

Played one round on the longs and two on the shorts today. That brings me up to 41 rounds since the re-design.

Martin and I were at the NAFC parks board meeting last night. The last time we were there was the fall of last year when we asked permission to redesign the course. This time we were there to thank them for their support, tell them about the success of the new course, and update them on the Seviren Lang Memorial and the 2012 Masters which looks to be at the course. Everything went great and there are more course improvements to come.

thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Martin and I were at the NAFC parks board meeting last night. The last time we were there was the fall of last year when we asked permission to redesign the course. This time we were there to thank them for their support, tell them about the success of the new course, and update them on the Seviren Lang Memorial and the 2012 Masters which looks to be at the course. Everything went great and there are more course improvements to come.
    "...more course improvements to come..." Anything planned that will have us left in suspense, or are we supposed to be throwing out suggestions?

I'd heard mention of that tree on #4 that makes and upside-down "U" shape being eliminated, and I'd be all for that.

We plan to get out there with the maintenance crew and do more work soon. The bush hog is fixed so that's a big help and there's some areas like the wood pile and rough on hole 4 that needs some work. The arch will probably stay once we get things cleared out to the right of it more.

We're also talking to them about benches, grass and a practice basket. Nothing is definite yet so we'll have to see how things go.

Thread Information