Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Seviren Lang DGC

Hybrid View

Default The New Seviren Lang DGC

The new Seviren Lang Disc Golf Course is ready to play!

This is the course located in Garry Cavan Park in Georgetown and has been renamed in memory of Seviren Lang.

All 18 baskets are in the ground, there are concrete pads for the longs and rubber mats for the shorts. The course is roughly 6500ft long, has six par 4's, a monster par 5 that's over 1000ft long, making the course par 62. This course will challenge you!

There are maps in the mail box attached to the bulletin board near hole 1 so you can easily find your way around the course. There are tee signs next to every hole. They are not yet updated but will be soon. The course plays in the opposite direction so the first hole is on your left now, rather than your right. Many of the red directional signs are also in place to help you find the next hole.

There are a few more changes that will happen in the future and we'll post updates about them here. Hole 9 plays to the old hole 9's basket right now, but that will be moved slightly once we can get that lock open. Hole 7 is going to have a longer placement that will make it at least one stroke harder. We've got rid of the majority of the thorn bushes and vine patches you used to encounter on the old course. There are a few spot here and there where they need to be cleared, but it's nothing like it used to be.

I want to thank Martin for all the hours he's put in at the course and being there for work days with the parks department when I couldn't get away from my job. I couldn't have done this without him. And a huge thanks to the NAFC parks department. Everyone from the superintendent of parks to the maintenance team were fantastic to work with and this wouldn't be possible without their help and support. I also want to thank Dave Greenwell and Steve Simpson for some very valuable advice about the design. Thanks to Judge, Shawn, Marcus, Terry, Ed, and Jeremy for all your help. And thanks to all the volunteers who came out for work days.

Enjoy the new course!
    Last edited by Adam; 11-24-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

VERY NICE JOB Adam, Martin, and the rest of the volunteers. I can't wait to check out all of the changes, par 62!! that's awesome! bravo!

Great work, guys! Can't wait to check it out in it's completion.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Distances for the long and short pads and the course map are on dgcoursereview.

Also, if you get out there to play, for the time being the numbers on the baskets may not correspond with the actual basket it is. A few are correct (9, 10, 11, 18, not sure if there are others or not,) but not all, so don't think you're lost.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Thanks for pointing that out Marcus. Navigating the course is relatively easy, especially with the maps available in the mailbox by the bulletin board. I think the only slightly tricky spot is after you finish hole 15 (the 1000 footer), hole 18's tee pad is more visible that hole 16's. There is a red directional sign pointing you to 16 so between that an the map there shouldn't be a problem. We plan on fixing the basket numbers in the future, but there are more pressing things to do out there first.

I want to send out and official "Well Done" to all who contributed to the redesign of this course. I am well aware of the long hours that have been invested and I thank everybody for their efforts. Way to go Adam.

Buffalo Chip

Thanks to Adam and Martin as well as everyone that had anything to do with this happening is such a timely fashion. I know this course will evolve over time into one of the best courses in the area because its not to shabby currently and it will only become better with time. I hope some folks will call to play it I know the course real well and I know maps can be confusing for the Kentucky players so just hit me up Ill be a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hole 9 plays to the old hole 9's basket right now, but that will be moved slightly once we can get that lock open.
    The basket for hole 9 has been moved to the new position today. With that change, the course map is accurate now.

I was very surprised to see the course is such good condition today. The only big problem was the tee pad on hole 5 is under about an inch of water that's draining off, but it did rain for 2 days straight. The ground is dry couple feet to the right so we teed off there. We have lots of dirt left over from the tee pad installation so we're going to use it to keep this from happening in the future. There was a little mud around some of the tees from their installation but that is to be expected. We're going to fill in dirt around the tee pads soon so they will be level with the ground.

Just thought about this--there were a few extra rubber pads left over if I remember correctly. Would it be a possibility to put one of those over to the right of the concrete pad for use when the concrete is under water?
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Thread Information