Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Damage to Hole 17

Well, I have to admit I carry snips and a saw in my bag, but I ONLY use them on Lebanon's course, as I am the one charged with maintaining the trees, brush and such to keep the course integrity. I agree that if it's found out who the culprit(s) was(were), then they should be made an example of to hopefully keep it from happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    No, this has happened WAY too much to be ignorance. As Steve said, there are people that actually carry loppers and snips in their bags...
    This doesn't surprise me. I wish people would just play the course as is.

CV is not a neglected course in regards to maintenance and cleanup. There is no reason for people to mess with it.

I need to get out there and see the damage.

LDGC Public Relations

Whoever did it probably never has been on this website
    They probably even thought they were being helpful

I don't support a club bounty

It's obvious the cutter was just trimming what they thought was a mess on the side of the fairway
    Is it wrong - yes

I think it is good that folks know they shouldn't be doing trimming - but I seriously doubt the cutter has any idea they have driven folks on this website into a frenzy

For years branches have been snapped.
    Look at 8's fairway it's been destroyed.
    Someone cut out the sticker bushes
    and branches and trees have been snapped
    or destroyed.

Hole 1 has all kinds of alleys to the pin now for
    errant drives. Wear and tear is one thing but
    I bet somebody who always ends up right on
    hole 1 made some clear opening toward the pin.

Whether this is to beat your buddies, win leagues,
    win tournaments or whatever excuse you tell yourself
    just stop doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post

It's obvious the cutter was just trimming what they thought was a mess on the side of the fairway
    Is it wrong - yes

I think it is good that folks know they shouldn't be doing trimming - but I seriously doubt the cutter has any idea they have driven folks on this website into a frenzy
    Good point Martin.
    This club is about goodwill and growing the sport in the local area. Part of growing the sport is educating the community and the players, especially he newer ones.
    You should not want your club to be looked at as a rogue posse.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post

Is it wrong - yes

I don't know. You could be right but I believe that someone that would put that much effort into something would be more than a cassual/newer player. I could be very wrong but it doesn't seem like some one that rarely or just started playing would care enough to put out that much effort.

If you went onto a ball golf course and cut down a tree you'd be in pretty big trouble. I'm not looking for blood or anything but it would be good to have the person plant a couple trees in the park or do some other community service that would serve the course.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I agree with Martin to a point. We did run
    the last guy off that was cutting the sticker
    bushes about two years ago. Peer pressure
    got this guy out. Everybody knew who he was
    and people did not make him feel welcome.

I don't think he really knew the gravity of
    what he was doing.
    Last edited by captain plastic; 11-10-2010 at 03:23 PM.

I agree with what Martin has said. That was the first thing that I thought as well. Newer players don't know that something like this is wrong. If it is a newbie, I do feel that we need to inform them that things like this can cause parks to pull the course. If they don't care after we have told them then yeah I won't feel bad if they get ran off. I feel like everyone on the boards loves the sport and wants to see it grow. I would hate for someone to not feel welcome if they have changed their ways because who knows they could have great ideas that could help grow the sport here in the Ville.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Yep. Give them a warning and after that, it's fair game. From the sounds of it (what others have said and suspected), the culprit was someone who knew better.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Let the law handle it. Any action will make anyone involved liable. Also putting a price on someone’s head is legal with out a Constable or Law Enforcement consent. No joke just the law be careful what you post. Heres the only thing any of us can do to stop this. http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroPol...nIssueForm.htm

A friend of mine got 6 months for just the same kind of posts on a car club site Ca. the cops called it terroristic threatening. Heres a link to the Statutes http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/508-00/CHAPTER.HTM
    It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.

Thread Information