Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damage to Hole 17

Quote Originally Posted by kirvin2 View Post
    This makes me sick. There needs to be a big sign on the kiosk about the consequences of course destruction. Surely it was done by someone who is relatively new to the sport and doesn't quite understand that it is not an improvement to the course to remove foilage. Any golfer worth his salt appreciates a tougher course.
    There have been these signs before but they don't seem to work, unfortunately. I guess there will always be stupid people that just feel the need to show their "machismo" by destroying things. Somehow they seem to gravitate toward DG courses...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

I put a sign up at the course that the LDGC would put a reward out for info leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone damaging the course. I would like to see if all members would agree that the club could back a $100 reward in hopes of maybe making another coward think twice about doing this or bragging about it. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    I put a sign up at the course that the LDGC would put a reward out for info leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone damaging the course. I would like to see if all members would agree that the club could back a $100 reward in hopes of maybe making another coward think twice about doing this or bragging about it. What do you all think?
    Sounds good to me. Someone should get a running total of donations toward the reward. I'll donate $50 toward the reward and conviction...
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I haven't seen the damage so I don't know if this is the case it's just wishful thinking.

Does it look like the trees that were cleared were cleared for a reason? Like what happened at IQ before the redesign? I think a big indicator would be if the branches were still laying there or not. If they were gone, and not just layed to the side, it could be the parks department clearing trees that they think are chocking out the other trees.

Again, maybe wishful thinking.
    Jason Van Over

Quote Originally Posted by J_VanOver View Post
    I haven't seen the damage so I don't know if this is the case it's just wishful thinking.

Does it look like the trees that were cleared were cleared for a reason? Like what happened at IQ before the redesign? I think a big indicator would be if the branches were still laying there or not. If they were gone, and not just layed to the side, it could be the parks department clearing trees that they think are chocking out the other trees.

Again, maybe wishful thinking.
    From what I was told that was checked and not the case.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

i noticed that things had been changed but just figured that the park had done it. I pretty sure they were sawn down cause the tops are flat and i think it very premeditated for someone to bring a saw onto the course. hope that thats the case anyway.

Buffalo Chip

I agree with a reward and the public stoning

Quote Originally Posted by kirvin2 View Post
    This makes me sick. There needs to be a big sign on the kiosk about the consequences of course destruction. Surely it was done by someone who is relatively new to the sport and doesn't quite understand that it is not an improvement to the course to remove foilage. Any golfer worth his salt appreciates a tougher course.
    I'm really hoping it's ignorance that caused someone to do this. Either way, people should not mess with the course unless they were told to do so.

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

I played there today and I knew something was off on a few holes but then again I've only played there 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot View Post
    I'm really hoping it's ignorance that caused someone to do this. Either way, people should not mess with the course unless they were told to do so.
    No, this has happened WAY too much to be ignorance. As Steve said, there are people that actually carry loppers and snips in their bags...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Thread Information