Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Otter Creek Update

Jeremy, have you had a chance to walk the course? If so how is it looking, what improvements need to be made, etc.

I think getting local/regional clubs to donate time/money to get OCP back if not better than its original status. I know I'd be down for personally donating money, discs & time.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Jeremy, have you had a chance to walk the course? If so how is it looking, what improvements need to be made, etc.

I think getting local/regional clubs to donate time/money to get OCP back if not better than its original status. I know I'd be down for personally donating money, discs & time.
    Yes. The course is ROUGH. The ice and wind storms we've had since the closure of the park have really taken their toll. It looks like a war zone. Kinda reminds me of how Meade/Olin was after the tornado. The first priority will be reinstalling the baskets. Once we've done that there will be weeks spent cleaning up downed trees. New tee signs, benches, and a general sprusing up will follow that.

We found the baskets...now we're working on scheduling a work day. There will be NO club discremination. Everyone will be welcome to help.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Will the course open prior to the rest of the park being open?
    I thought I had heard that Spring of 2011 was the target date of opening the park.

If the course does open earlier than the rest of the park, will there be an admission fee to play?

Based on your conversations with park officials, what is your guess for the opening on the course?
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Will the course open prior to the rest of the park being open?
    I thought I had heard that Spring of 2011 was the target date of opening the park.

If the course does open earlier than the rest of the park, will there be an admission fee to play?

Based on your conversations with park officials, what is your guess for the opening on the course?
    No, I don't assume the course will be open before the park. May/June is the tentative date for opening the park.

The baskets are being moved back to the course this week. Once they're back they'll be contacting us (the disc golf community) to get some volunteers out there to install the baskets and clean up the course. I've never been so excited to do the ammount of work that will have to be done.

Are they going to put the baskets in the ground soon, and wait until May/June to open the course?
    I would be afraid that they would be stolen if that is the case.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I would be afraid that they would be stolen if that is the case.
    With the gate on the park and the added security I'm not to worried about that.

Buffalo Chip

I would like to volunteer my help if I can arrange transportation when the time calls for help.

Great work Jeremy!! I have some fond memories of playing Otter Creek. It will be interesting to see how the reopening develops and I will be more than willing to assist on work days.

“Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by G1nked View Post
    I would like to volunteer my help if I can arrange transportation when the time calls for help.
    If time allowed...I'd come get you.

Thread Information