Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scores [2010]

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

I hear Feldbergs drive on 18 was something in person...I wish I did not have to work and thanks year I can help rise more money since I'm good at doing them kinds of things and know a lot of people to ask...lol!

In practice, Feldberg's drive was only a few feet from the road on 18. Twice. It was a goot 40-50' past Scott R's and my drives, which weren't short at all. He did say he was going to "put it out there" or something to that effect to let us know he would try hard. Fun to watch, for sure!
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Buffalo Chip

To have a up close and personal perspective was just sick all weekend Feldberg and Climo was killing it as I kind of expected but to see our guys Gallusser, Dutch and Roadhouse hang in with the pros was just amazing. I just didnt realize what talent we have here locally and we are stocked deep. Congrats to all for representing the LDGC and putting me in position to watch the best golf I have ever seen from all up in the pros grills. Cant wait til next year already

It was cool to see the Champ park #11 in the second round at CV. It was a picture perfect throw. Straight with the right amount of fade to land it under the basket. He also had a nice duece on #8 that round with a killer putt.
    Last edited by kirvin2; 09-07-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G1nked View Post
    To have a up close and personal perspective was just sick all weekend Feldberg and Climo was killing it as I kind of expected but to see our guys Gallusser, Dutch and Roadhouse hang in with the pros was just amazing. I just didnt realize what talent we have here locally and we are stocked deep. Congrats to all for representing the LDGC and putting me in position to watch the best golf I have ever seen from all up in the pros grills. Cant wait til next year already
    Well said Shawn! We do have alot of talent here and it was great to see two guys rep'n Kentucky against the big dogs!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by PDGA#26039 View Post
    Side note... Nobody has ever won the CVO twice in it's 5 year history.
    That's a pretty neat aspect to this event. Greenwell is the first and only to win multiple titles at the CVO.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    That's a pretty neat aspect to this event. Greenwell is the first and only to win multiple titles at the CVO.
    Greenwell could have won it again this year with his -31 after 4 rounds. Surely he could have gotten a couple more deuces in the final 9. It took the final 9 for Climo to beat that -31. I know that when players are in different positions they play differently and he may have not shot that if he was playing Open but that was some really, really great rounds that DLG put together.
    Jason Van Over

Not only were they good rounds, it was consistent. That's what the others (KC, DF, Roady) missed a little. They were up and down (-6, then -1 or -2, vs -5, -5, etc). That's one of the trademarks I've seen from DLG over the years. Not always the hottest rounds, but always consistent.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Not only were they good rounds, it was consistent. That's what the others (KC, DF, Roady) missed a little. They were up and down (-6, then -1 or -2, vs -5, -5, etc). That's one of the trademarks I've seen from DLG over the years. Not always the hottest rounds, but always consistent.
    Dave was especially impressive because he's only played a few tournaments this year. Even with consistent aches & pains he rises to the occasion. The local guys did show their mettle. Roady, Dutch, Big G were just a few examples that the talent pool in Louisville is deep. Also can't wait to see Climo's face on next year's disc. Maybe we could use a Condor with two minis glued to the sides for his ears! Just kiddin' champ, just kiddin'!

Yeah, Bub, I was really impressed that Dutch, Eric, Roady, et al weren't intimidated and didn't let DF and KC get away fast at all.

Just wish I coulda been out there reppin' da 'ville, but alas...
    Daniel

Thread Information