Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Charle Vettiner Open Funding

Default 2011 Charle Vettiner Open Funding

The 2011 Charlie Vettiner Open is Louisville’s second attempt at an A-tier. Last year we made a great showing as we hosted 104 players from all over the country and paid out $5615 cash to the pros and $4531 in prizes for the AMs. The event was a success BUT there are many areas where we could make the event MUCH bigger and much better.

In 2011 our disc golf community needs to come together like it never has before. We need as many people as we can to get determined on making the CVO the best event to date.

First and foremost, we need money, and we need a LOT of it. Last year we added $2600 cash to the purse. This is DOWN from 2009 when we were able to add $2950 to the purse. Down is an unacceptable direction for an event of this caliber. We need to set our goals high. Please join me in attempting to reach a goal of adding $4000 to the 2011 CVO. I know this sounds like a big number but here are some things to think about:

Last year we lacked a title sponsor. We sell the title spot for $1500.

Martin, SINGLEHANDEDLY, raised nearly $1500 last year in ONE DAY at a fund raising event. If we just ran two of these this year we would EASILY be pushing near $3000 just with those events. If we ran three of these events we’d be pushing $5000.

If we sold all 36 holes in the caddy book ($100 per hole) we would have $3600.

There are currently 52 members of the LDGC. If all 52 members could give just a $20 donation that would be $1040 added to the purse.

We’ll be selling fundraiser discs for the CVO with some amazing artwork on them. If we can sell 100 of them it will be nearly $1000 profit for the tourney.

Just in this short list is over $10,000 worth of options and none of them are that difficult or costly to our players. I encourage you all to find a way to be a part of the biggest event to come to Louisville to this date. We need everyone's help. I hope to see the biggest outpouring of support ever for this event this year. Get excited! This will only bring good things for disc golf in this city.
    Last edited by jeremy; 01-28-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

LDGC Public Relations

This is the time for sure

Wherever you go to shop - talk to the owner or someone there - nothing states you have to get $100 from them
    get whatever you can get - maybe you can even get them to give you something and they can sponsor multiple events
    nothing says it has to be $$ - a free pizza, movie tickets, anything can be a prize

whats most important to these local businesses is bringing in future business - since you are asking them to sponsor disc golf - and you are a disc golfer - you are most likely bringing them business and others like you can as well

dont wait... start asking now - for whatever you can get - someone who gives us $10 is great - $50 even better - $100 is the goal - but maybe asking the right person could net you $500 - be creative -

If we all do something we can surely raise the funds - be proud of Louisville Disc Golf -

whatever you find - start listing them here - make the golfing community aware of what we can accomplish together

I'd be willing to bet that the PIAS in St Matthews would at least be willing to *consider* being a title sponsor. They're pretty high on DG right now...

Just a thought.

(I'd certainly help out, but had my car totaled last week and have been pretty sick. At least my brain works...sorta...)
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

And speaking of PIAS, Judge has been talking to of them a lot and said they're very interested in disc golf... might have been the St. Matthews one, not sure though.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that the PIAS in St Matthews would at least be willing to *consider* being a title sponsor. They're pretty high on DG right now...

Just a thought.

(I'd certainly help out, but had my car totaled last week and have been pretty sick. At least my brain works...sorta...)
    Great idea. Does anyone have any contact info for them.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

No, but the bald guy is the owner (Chuck? I can't remember his name...). I've talked to him a whole bunch this last summer when they were first starting to carry discs. He even wanted to do a "club night" where 10% of items sold went to the club (not just discs, but everything). I thought it was a pretty cool idea and sent it to Steve. Don't know what ever happened with it.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

Having a auction of some type would be a great way to get some extra money...

yes I am in contact with them and they are willing to help I just dont know how much yet. I have made trips out there a lot and they do give a club discount of 10% if you let them know. They want to be involved and learn about disc golf so they can relay this to people who walk in and see discs. Ill keep you informed on them. Thanks

I talked to the owner of Derby City Discs today. He said he can guarantee 250 in sponsporship. If you can't get PIAS to title sponsor, he said he might be willing. Maybe if Adam or Jeremy would stop by his store they could be more persuasive than I am. I am pretty sure he is open today from 11-4. 9310 Blue Lick Rd 40229.

He also said that when the CFR discs come in, that you can display and sell some of them in the store.

Thread Information