Thread: My first time at Garry E.

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

Default My first time at Garry E.

So today me and two friends had our first shot at Garry and it was a good time. We had a one over par and two under pars but can for sure get better scores the next time around. My only problem is why are the tees all over the place and why no signs? I think that park can be great but just needs a bit help.

The course was put together by the city without any real direction. Even so, it still is fun to play; and the most recent information is that they are going to allow the LDGC to reconfigure the course. An early layout calls for basically combining holes 5 & 6 into a nice 800 footer! The potential for a pro tourney caliber course is there; and hopefully it will not be too far off into the future. Also know that open pro/am doubles (best shot) league is each Thursday evening at 8 p.m. T.F.P.L.! (Throw First, Putt Last)

The Charlie Vettiner Open TommyB's Avatar

A 800 foot shot would be nuts. If they fix the few problems then it would be a great place minus the pine trees. lol!

To correct my friend leagues are at 6pm, definitely come out and join us it is a good time. We will be at the fun farm this week though. As far as the 800 foot shot goes we are looking at more like 1000+ foot shot and it is nuts.
    Last edited by Judge; 08-31-2010 at 05:47 AM.

The new course design is coming along nicely and we should be meeting with the superintendent of NAFC parks again soon to walk the course and look at the changes. When I know more I'll be sure to let everyone know.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thread Information