Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New course design

Cool New course design

Played the new course this morning. really good layout and some long holes. Played them all as par 3 shot about 20 over. lol. Only problem is the tee pad for 5 was under about an inch of water but still shot from there. Good layout guys looking forward to playing there a lot more.

I was out there yesterday and saw that. There is a lot of dirt left over from the tee pad installation so we're going to use it to build a small hill to keep the water away from that tee pad. I've never seen that much water there before or we would have moved the tee pad, but it how often does it rain for two day straight? I'm just thankful it happened when we still have lots of dirt at our disposal.

Overall I was impressed how well the course handled all that rain, a lot of other courses would be a swamp.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

LDGC Public Relations

planning to head out to seviren tomorrow morning (between 9 - 10am) - cleanup work - still need to work on the top of hole 2 - the fairway on hole 6 - the pines on hole 7 - the rough around the basket on hole 11 - and a few other spots

if anyone wants to help out - bring some gloves - loppers - most of the work is moving dead and down limbs

I've gotta work, but let me know if you want to borrow my tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I was out there yesterday and saw that. There is a lot of dirt left over from the tee pad installation so we're going to use it to build a small hill to keep the water away from that tee pad. I've never seen that much water there before or we would have moved the tee pad, but it how often does it rain for two day straight? I'm just thankful it happened when we still have lots of dirt at our disposal.

Overall I was impressed how well the course handled all that rain, a lot of other courses would be a swamp.

IMO the only way to keep water off of #5 tee is to have the parks dept. dig a ditch in the natural water flow line. Great job for a backhoe.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Don't forget the various and sundry brier bushes that could be clipped (meant to put cutters in my bag to snip some of them, but I forgot to.)
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

I know Martin's trying to collect scores---not sure if anyone else has played the shorts yet, but I did today in the 34* temp and slight wind and threw a pair of 64s. Not great scores, but if you're keeping a list for handicaps and whatnot there's some data for you.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

just played the new course for the first time today on the pro tees and shot awful. I shot a 77. I didn't have a 3 or below on the entire front 9, and never shot below a 3 on the back 9. But then I played better later on in the day at Iroquois where I shot a 54.

At par 62, it's not supposed to be easy. I'm sure the near freezing temperature and not being familiar with the course didn't help much either. I hope you enjoyed though.

Leagues will be there this Sunday at 2pm.

LDGC Public Relations

Current layout is a par 60

7 and 18 are par 3's

7 will be a par 4 in the future

Thread Information