Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BTO 2010 Results

Cool. Sounds like nice extra holes. Probably 2 birdie opportunities realistically. (Maybe could reach all 4, but with the elevation/drop offs/elevation, you can't count on 'em all...)
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Cool. Sounds like nice extra holes. Probably 2 birdie opportunities realistically. (Maybe could reach all 4, but with the elevation/drop offs/elevation, you can't count on 'em all...)
    I dueced C & D the first round and B the second round. I would put all 4 as duece holes for IMs and up. Some Recs could get all 4 with a good drive and medium distance putt. I layed up on my putt on A on the second round but I could have gone for a 40 footer I guess.

I put one of the PDs that I got from you Daniel on hole B (circle 5 first round). Lake was back and to the right. It floated there for both rounds but when I went to get it after the awards ceremony it was gone. It either sank or somone swam out and got it. I was expecting it to hyzer in but it kept soaring.
    Jason Van Over

I have to agree that all four were able to be dueced. I got C & D both rounds but A & B would have been with the right throw. I had a 30+ putt on A the first round that i missed and i was just to short on B i think between 50 and 60 feet out.

Quote Originally Posted by J_VanOver View Post
    I dueced C & D the first round and B the second round. I would put all 4 as duece holes for IMs and up. Some Recs could get all 4 with a good drive and medium distance putt. I layed up on my putt on A on the second round but I could have gone for a 40 footer I guess.

I put one of the PDs that I got from you Daniel on hole B (circle 5 first round). Lake was back and to the right. It floated there for both rounds but when I went to get it after the awards ceremony it was gone. It either sank or somone swam out and got it. I was expecting it to hyzer in but it kept soaring.
    I told you those things just glide! I do have a S-Line (star) that is more overstable, but with just as much glide as the P-lines. It's one of the first runs. I also have other Ps, if you'd like another. That said, how do you like them?

Good for you for deucing those holes. They certainly sounded fun. I could probably get all 4, but realistically birdie 2 or 3 of 'em. (Gotta allow for a flub up!)
    Daniel

LDGC Public Relations

they were all quite deuceable

I feel like the pdga ratings are a little off - I was figuring a 61 from the long pads to be a 1000 rated round

the rec scores seem low - despite the short pads

i'm guessing that after the ratings update at the end of the month - ratings might jump up to 15 points a round - maybe

So that's implying that the "normal" course ssa is closer to a -5 or -6? Wow.
    Daniel

Buffalo Chip

i shot my first 890 round... do rec players have the oppurtunity to shoot a 1000? I have no clue how to decipher round ratings as of yet.. I know I beat some great names the first round so I guess a 890 is good.
    Michael Olman, Ryan Ball, Jon Daniels those were some tough competitors and I was shocked to see I had a lead going into the second round which I didnt hold long over these great players.

LDGC Public Relations

I think the 19 hole layout is about a -6 ssa

As for your question shawn about a rec player shooting a 1000 rated round - sure they can
    Divisions don't have any bearing on ratings
    Take cv for example whoever you are, a 53 shot from the long pads with ob and mando rules being followed is considered a 1000 rated

With bt using all short pads - its a mystery I don't know how the math is done

Thanks to everyone who put on the tournament. I had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by G1nked View Post
    i shot my first 890 round... do rec players have the oppurtunity to shoot a 1000? I have no clue how to decipher round ratings as of yet.. I know I beat some great names the first round so I guess a 890 is good.
    Michael Olman, Ryan Ball, Jon Daniels those were some tough competitors and I was shocked to see I had a lead going into the second round which I didnt hold long over these great players.
    Jon and Ryan were both on my card during the second round. They both shot very well. Jon commented that his best tournament round was his second round.

I missed some easy putts. If I was able to take all the bogie's away I would have shot a -10 overall. The biggest thing that hurts me is putting and consistency. I can pull off a good drive and miss an easy putt. I believe it's all mental.

As far as the temp holes are concerned, I think they were birdie holes.

Any chance that they'd be made permanent? I'd love to see the lake come more into play. Problem is the walking path--it's so close to the lake, it would make it difficult.
    Daniel

Thread Information