Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Otter Creek Park to reopen

That's awesome, great work man!
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

This is great news I only played otter creek once before my back surgery and was sad to see it go. Glad its coming back

Good work Jeremy, as usual.

KFW called me this morning and we had about a 45 minute conversation. The individual I spoke with this morning is disc golfer from MD. He said things are moving slower than they expected. They are set to take over the park but the feds haven’t even signed off on it yet. They are moving on with planning regardless in order to be able to start working as soon as possible.

He said that he wants to start by meeting with me to discuss the general “way it was” at the park. He’s unfamiliar with where any of the activities used to be so he’s asked me to go over the general layout of activities in the park. Julie and I used to help lead the adventure and team building programs at OCP (Julie worked there full time and I was a full-time volunteer) for years so this has given us a excellent “in” with these guys. They want to see what activities can co-exist with hunting and fishing at OCP. He said that he’s used to being perched in a tree hunting and having a mountain bike trail, joggers, disc golfers, etc. twenty feet behind him and there not being any problems. That’s what they’re hoping to achieve at OCP.

I've provided them the acreage, an arial footprint, and estimated ammount of users per day for the DGC all per their request. He said our next step will be an online survey to show the amount of people interested in disc golf at OCP. I don’t know when that will happen but he said that’s our next step once things get rolling. I’ll let you know as soon as he tells me. We need to contact EVERY golfer we know at that point to have them sign the survey.

We have a lunch date to further discuss disc golf. It’s looking good for disc golf at OCP.
    Last edited by jeremy; 07-07-2010 at 09:45 AM.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Sounds promising. Looking forward to signing a survey to let them know the popularity of disc golf in the area. Jeremy,thanks for spearheading this.

Sounds like there's an opportunity for a redesign? I'd take it either way...
    Last edited by jeremy; 07-07-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Daniel, please read your PMs.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Thanks for the update Jeremy!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Sounds like there's an opportunity for a redesign? I'd take it either way...
    That hasn't really been discussed. They're more interested in the nastalgia of having the "old" course and the locals here in Brandenburg feel the same way. The ONLY people that I've heard want a redesign don't live in the immediate area.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Personally I'd like to see the old layout and if we are really really lucky a second course.

I'm not sure how things will be with hunting in the area though. I don't mind if they offer it but I would prefer it be away from the other activities.

Bring on the survey!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

LDGC Public Relations

Old course!!!

Thread Information