Thread: petition for 19th hole at iroquois

Hybrid View

Default petition for 19th hole at iroquois

first of all, this course is looking great. I'm a huge fan of the redesign. In my opinion, there's only one thing that really bothers me. The looooonngg walk from 9 to 10 is the perfect space for an EXTRA HOLE. A tee near 9's basket and a basket before 10's tee (possibly in the space where the old course's #12 basket was located). It would be a challenging uphill 220 to 270 ft shot, depending on how close to 9's basket you put the teebox.

1.) It would add another dimension to the course. It would be the only steep uphill woods shot on the course.

2.) It would require no changes to the layout of 9 and 10

3.) A new hole erases the long walk between 9 and 10 while also improving the flow of the course

4.) It's already laid out well for a fairway. Minimal tree cutting would be necessary. Theres already a nice little channel cut through the trees to get to the clearing where old #12's basket stood. The downed tree trunk (as it did on the old design) makes a good obstacle before the basket.

5.) What's wrong with 19 holes? Buffalo trace sports 19, fun farm has 20/21. If we really like to keep it at 18 then merge #17 and #18 to make a 700ft monster finishing hole. This proposed hole would have more character than 17 and 18 anyway.

I can go all day. What do you think?

You're thinking of old number 11 instead of 12. That would be an interesting hole, there's enough trees for a risk-reward deuce chance. It would also provide a break in walking from just one continuous trek over the top of the hill.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

I was told that they can't put one there due to erosion.

LDGC Public Relations

the redesign as you will notice has no uphill or downhill holes
    -erosion control

that is why there is no hole in between 9 and 10

ah yes, I did mean the old #11. figures that there had to be some kind of silly issue involved. I'm not buying the erosion excuse here. Just as many people will be walking up that hill with or without a hole there! is it about the teebox possibly getting buried over time? that can be avoided with some railroad ties or similar dug into the ground in front of the teepad.

THE LOUISVILLE CLASSIC 4 xTOMMYxIRISHx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr.chainslove View Post
    s it about the teebox possibly getting buried over time? that can be avoided with some railroad ties or similar dug into the ground in front of the teepad.

I played there last week and a big ass tree fell 25 feet from me...I would take a teebox over a tree anyday...lol!

I agree it would be nice to have a hole there, but if the parks have made up their mind I doubt we can change it. Expanding the parking lot has been talked about for many years now. I'm happy the course got a face lift, and more importantly, that there is still a course there.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

It is crowded enough with 18 holes (in my opinion) with all the people walking around and discs flying around maybe we should leave it as is, discs missing your head by 1/4 in sucks....again just my opinion not knocking the idea.

What I have learned in the past is that if you are going to ask for something go big.
    Let me explain, asking for an additional hole is one thing, but IQ park is plenty big enough
    for an additional championship course. If enough people showed interest and could lay it
    out as a proposal with the parks dept. only having to pay for the concrete you may have a chance to get another course maybe even at the top of the park. My point is you never know until you try and even then you might not have tried hard enough or asked the right questions to get the response that you want. Remember there is a thousand ways to skin a cat.
    Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

Thread Information