Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damage

^^^ Totally agree
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

i had to respond to this just because of the rudeness and arrogance you all have to this man and his car. lets look at this pretty simple because i have seen the damage, and the car, and was even there that day!

first off its pretty easy to understand why he would assume it was a disc, before he went to play golf there was no damage to his car, he comes back from golf and finds damage, only place car was at was at practice tees, so unless someone came took his car while they were playing and got it hit with a "boomerang" somewhere else it would be easy to assume it was a disc.

to the person who said "So Before you accuse the disc golf crowd for damage to your car you had better have seen the disc hit your car." well lets think abou that statement for a second. if he saw the disc hit his car, do you think he would post on here asking who hit my car. no think for a second damn he woulda walked over to the person and say ay, wtf you hit my car!

to the guy with the supra i have seen your car its a early 90s supra which is made of a much thicker metal than a 2005 subaru, those cars are mainly aluminum and your car i think even has some steal left in it. much stronger. also you were probably lightly tossing the disc at it i would not think you would have thrown in the direction full drive. how and where this dent is and where this man was parked, it would be safe to assume someone was at a practice tee, thought they could make it to hole 1 tee area and tossed it there, ive done it myself a few times, they may have made a mistake and hit his car

saw no one was around and left

as for people who say discs cant do this kind of damage
    i own a star destroyer which lived up to its name and destroyed a lawn chair at a 50 foot toss, i was not even fully driving. if these discs cant do that kind of damage then why do most of the trees around there miss bark?
    i guess animals are going up there and ripping it off the trees
    also when you hit a tree, even with my star plastic which is supposed to be the best, i get burrs on the edge of my disc. now im not a genus or anything but im pretty sure that would make the edge of the disc abrasive. maybe im wrong

but its pretty safe to assume its a golf disc that did it

or some random person in cv decided to walk over to that practice area and kick his car, with a boot thats rounded off preetty well, and has sand paper on it, because paint cant go away without that right.

when i first heard about his issue with the dent i was like naw it cant be a disc, then i saw the picture and well it was. hell they fit in the creese with ease. this guy was just nicly asking for some input and damn near every person in here defended the discs like they were there homeboy from college. lets get real if you go to you car at the practice area and your window is blown out. and no one is there. was it a disc?

or did a maybe a squirrel drop a walnut at the exact right angle to cause it?
    it was a accedent, im sure no one ment to do it. but to argue with someone and tell them there flat out wrong when you dont have a clue, and wasnt there that is just ignorant.

ive been playing this sport for a very short time, played in other states and then made cv my home. and i really wanted to support our local golf assoiation, but with members like russ, and some of these other guys on there. ill save my twenty bucks and go buy one of those non damaging discs you all speak of!
    Last edited by sitinlo; 05-07-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Like I said, I meant no harm. It's just the detective in me that was trying to disect the situation. No disrespect or rudeness from me. I was only having a conversation.

Every group of people has bad apples. Please don't let our bad apple spoil your prospective of our club.
    Last edited by jeremy; 05-11-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

like i said i didnt think it was a disc either untill i saw it, its flat out a disc.
    the edges of a disc that isnt new is abrasive thats all there is to it. therse no pros out there that has never hit a tree once. also maybe the disc came from a angle instead of straight on. also that day it was extreamly windy, oaks day, it was before the storms. i threw a disc on hole 11, that damn near carried over the creek to the pin, now im not a pro or nothing i can happy gilmore a drive every now and then but if my novice throwing ability can get that far in a wind gust, maybe just maybe someone threw from hole 11 way way way way way over shot and hit it. then the disc was going well over 300 feet.

either way from the closest practice tee to where he was parked and the edge of gras is well over 50 feet even a light toss would do damage, even to lil buddys supra, go try see how a toss down hill, in the wind at your car does, dont throw it hard, ill wait for the pictures.

its a shame that he got the responce he did out of this, i told him to post on here thinking some one on here would be like wow that sucks and what not, and a few of you had showed concern. and more than likly the person that did this isnt even a member here or probably a avid player, hell maybe not even from here. was alot of people in town for oaks and derby.
    Last edited by sitinlo; 05-07-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Hope so too. Good luck.

I hope your mind can be changed too. There are some bad apples out there and it's unfortunate you've encountered so many of them. I will say you're one funny dude sitinlo, I hope to run into you on the course one day.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

someone went ahead and tore my sign down at CV..

I drive a Subaru sometimes.
    Best cars on the road.

We are all so lucky to be here and
    playing this wonderful sport of frisbee golf.

Enjoy your next round at CV my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by sublyme View Post
    someone went ahead and tore my sign down at CV..
    That's gay. Very gay.

A Subaro is not the best car on the road Sam. Hate to break it to ya
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Thread Information