Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling discs?

Default Selling discs?

I didn't want to hijack the CV Sponsor thread so I started a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by GetEmWet View Post
    The disc we have are going to be used up for the FATPAD! I am about to place an order with Innova. If we need to get some disc let me know.
    This was discussed at the officers meeting so I'm gonna throw it out there and see what people think. Should the club buy some discs to sell as fundraisers? I don't think we should buy a lot, but if we buy 25 or 50 of the newest, hottest thing then we'll be able to move the discs fast so we don't have a bunch of money tied up in plastic.

Star Katana's just came out in regular production so maybe we should order some. It's already a popular disc and I'm sure it will sell even faster at normal Star plastic price rather than CFR price. It could be a good way for the club to raise a little money for the CVO.

Any other discs you can think of that are in high demand right now?

Maybe we could get the discs custom stamped with something cool like the new club logo or the characture of Dave Feldberg?

Thoughts?
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I like the Feldberg caricature idea. Star Katanas sound good
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

The CFR program is the way to go.
    They are cheap and usually great disc.

What are the previous best sellers? The newest thing is not always the greatest but are sought after items. I think a mix of new disc and older best sellers is the best way to go. What about some other brands? I would like to get my hands on a few custom stamped z Predators in the future and there are alot of Buzzz throwers here.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Banned Users

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I didn't want to hijack the CV Sponsor thread so I started a new one.

This was discussed at the officers meeting so I'm gonna throw it out there and see what people think. Should the club buy some discs to sell as fundraisers? I don't think we should buy a lot, but if we buy 25 or 50 of the newest, hottest thing then we'll be able to move the discs fast so we don't have a bunch of money tied up in plastic.

Star Katana's just came out in regular production so maybe we should order some. It's already a popular disc and I'm sure it will sell even faster at normal Star plastic price rather than CFR price. It could be a good way for the club to raise a little money for the CVO.

Maybe we could get the discs custom stamped with something cool like the new club logo or the characture of Dave Feldberg?

Thoughts?

CFR's are cheap. They only cost $6 a piece, the problem lies with those who charge $25 a disc. No one said they had to be sold for that price, it is just a suggested price. In todays market $25 is kinda steep. Its no different than the State saying no to a disc golf course. Sure you want to pay for it but the state still has to fund maintaining it. Money is tight and if all the business owners of the world would figure out that lowering the price actually sells more, we would all be in good shape. You can sell way more discs much faster at a cheaper price. Yes you have to sell more to make up the difference but they will sell at twice the rate. Think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post

Thoughts?
    Get some CFR Glo Teebirds and I'll buy 2. Go with the characture, I think that's a really good idea/stamp.
    Last edited by scottyb; 05-07-2010 at 09:13 AM.

The Feldberg caricature is started and looks AMAZING!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    CFR's are cheap. They only cost $6 a piece, the problem lies with those who charge $25 a disc. No one said they had to be sold for that price, it is just a suggested price. In todays market $25 is kinda steep. Its no different than the State saying no to a disc golf course. Sure you want to pay for it but the state still has to fund maintaining it. Money is tight and if all the business owners of the world would figure out that lowering the price actually sells more, we would all be in good shape. You can sell way more discs much faster at a cheaper price. Yes you have to sell more to make up the difference but they will sell at twice the rate. Think about it!
    Yup, that's how supply and demand works.

I was looking at the CFR list and I'm pretty excited about a couple discs on there. I don't want to give anything away in case we decide not to order it, but I am drooling on my keyboard a little.

LDGC Public Relations

I think if the club buys discs - we need a plan to utilize them -

we dont just want them sitting in boxes to sell on the course

We need to use them for fundraising purposes directly -

skins tourneys - non-sanctioned events -

Thread Information