Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Course Open?

Default Course Open?

I want to thank the guys who closed the course this week to pour the pads. It will be nice to play on those. It would've been nice if you could have been a little more considerate of other players and not closed the entire course and not post it anywhere for people to see. When I was there on Monday, you didn't pour any pads on the first five holes. I'm not sure how many you didn't pour on the others. I don't see the need to close an 18 hole course for 4 or 5 pads. People can play around those holes or you could have just closed the ones that need to dry.
    I was told on Monday that the course would be open on Thursday (today). I hope they are right since I still see nothing about it here or in General Chat. I'm not trying to start anything but consideration for others would be nice.

I understand your frustration. I haven't heard anything about this, but you might want to check on the allstars message board. They're doing the work out there so maybe they said something about it on their forum.

allstarsdiscgolf.com
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I want to thank the guys who closed the course this week to pour the pads. It will be nice to play on those. It would've been nice if you could have been a little more considerate of other players and not closed the entire course and not post it anywhere for people to see. When I was there on Monday, you didn't pour any pads on the first five holes. I'm not sure how many you didn't pour on the others. I don't see the need to close an 18 hole course for 4 or 5 pads. People can play around those holes or you could have just closed the ones that need to dry.
    I was told on Monday that the course would be open on Thursday (today). I hope they are right since I still see nothing about it here or in General Chat. I'm not trying to start anything but consideration for others would be nice.

Wooooah partner, settle down.. they did post something on the All Stars website, Adam has their info listed above.

Pouring pads takes a lot of coordination/time/effort to do them right, please consider those who worked there tails off too get you those nice pads for future use.

there were 12 pads done. before they were all brushed someone had let there dog walk all over one and wrote there name in it

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    How about a little consideration for the guys that are out there making the course better for YOU to play and not whining because they were trying to make the cousre better
    LILFATGUY

This is a joke right?
    You can't be serious?

If you are serious you are out
    of line with your comments.

A big thank you goes out to the
    allstars!

Keep in mind that it has been colder at night so they want to make sure the pads have enough time to set up right. I understand the decision to close the course to keep people off and if thats what it takes then so be it.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

What's frustrating is when people work there butts off and someone else comes along and screws up what they've been working on (aka dog prints and initials in the pads). Closing the course is both a wise and acceptable thing to do in their situation. You'd understand that more if it was your sweat that went into each pad.

I don't mean that to be mean or rude at all. It's just truth.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Murphy View Post
    there were 12 pads done. before they were all brushed someone had let there dog walk all over one and wrote there name in it
    How rude...
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thanks guys for explaining this to those that do not realize what it takes to get the pads done.... it is much appreciated, we hope everyone enjoys the new pads.

Thread Information