Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Course Update - E.P. "Tom" Sawyer State Park

Quote Originally Posted by J_VanOver View Post
    DLG told me that the new park director gave him a new area to look at. Not for sure if that is the area that he was describing to you or not.
    No, this was a while ago. I also heard separately from some local players that supposedly had walked the latest course say it would be good.

Hopefully it's still a good one. One more course can't hurt!
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Thanks for the updates guys! I look forward to ne courses in the area!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

This is good news. Judging from what Dave was telling us about this course it sounds like it's going to be a sweet design.

Hey guys, Scott Ringham here. I am the park manager at Taylorsville Lake State Park. Thought I would give you an update as to where we are on the course here. Dave is working on the design, but he is hampered by our inability to get the areas mowed. The Corp will not allow us to mow until nesting season is over. We will be clear to mow on August 1st. We will get it mowed and Dave can work his magic, but that will likely be completed in the Fall. Once we have the design compete, I will get all the necessary approvals through the Corp and the state, which are almost done now. Then it's money time. That will be the biggest challenge, but I think there is a plan in place for that. My goal, without talking to Dave and company, is to have the course open by Spring. We are looking at 27 holes at this point. The area is fantastic and will produce a great course, with Dave's magic mind. Dave and Rik have been invaluable thus far and with their continued support, we will make this happen as soon as possible.

Glad to hear it, Scott. I'd be one to volunteer to help as needed to get this project completed. Thanks for all your help.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

count me in to im in shelbyville not a long drive for me to come out after work and put in a few hours

Hey Scott, the Prez here. I'm sure that when the time comes, the LDGC will be able to provide all the help you will need. Dave and I have made that one of our selling points since the first meetings. I'm looking forward to walking the area with Dave when the grass is cut. Thanks for your support.

Thanks for the update Scott, I also would love to help out when the time comes!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Default 10/20/10 Update

I spoke with Chris today at Tom Sawyer to see how things are progressing and boy has he been busy. In the last month Tom Sawyer has hosted two cross country track meets for 4,000 runners and the Boy Scouts Centennial Jamboree that saw 12,000 Boy Scouts plus their leaders and parents.

He said that he had another cross country track meet coming up in a few weeks to work on and then would contact Frankfort to check on a budget update to get some money to mow grass.

I will update when I hear something.
    Jason Van Over

Has there been any new information concerning the Tom Sawyer park?

Thread Information