Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Course Update - E.P. "Tom" Sawyer State Park

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    The OCP baskets are going to stay at OCP. With the exception of the OCP baskets that are at Muldraugh. If we removed the baskets from OCP we would be less likely to get a course reinstalled when the park reopens.
    Good point.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Will it ever re-open? I didn't even know that was an option...
    There are RUMORS that it may re-open as soon as this summer. My name has been left with the contacts at OCP and I taped signs to the baskets that say "Call me when you want to reinstall the course." This way, whoever the next owner of the park is will see the baskets and say "What are these?" and then they'll see the signs and hopefully call me.
    Last edited by jeremy; 04-22-2010 at 12:55 PM.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

There are RUMORS that it may re-open as soon as this summer. My name has been left with the contacts at OCP and I taped signs to the baskets that say "Call me when you want to reinstall the course." This way, whoever the next owner of the park is will see the baskets and say "What are these?" and then they'll see the signs and hopefully call me.
    Well lets keep our fingers crossed and hope they are not rumors!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Good move. We can hope, but I've heard too many "rumors" of new courses, etc., to get too excited. (CV was "in the works" for 5 or 6 years before it was fully in.)

Granted, I do have my fingers crossed! I do love me some OCP!
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot View Post
    Does this mean that it will take a few weeks for them to pass it on to Frankfort or does it mean that it will take a few weeks before we have a "yes" or "no" answer?
    I don't know. He told me that he would keep in touch as it progresses so I will update on the board when I hear something.
    Jason Van Over

Default 5/6/10 Update

I emailed the park director today for an update. Not great news for now but hopefully just on hold until the state budget is passed. Here is our conversation (start from the bottom email and read up):

Chris,
    Thank you for the update. Although disappointing to hear, I am hopeful that we will be able to put a course into Tom Sawyer when the time is right and with very little impact on your budget allocation from the state. Hopefully seeing that the club intends to pay for everything that we possibly can will help expedite their decision when the time comes. We have a list of volunteers that are excited about the opportunity to install a new course and will be waiting to hear the outcome. I think that we are both on the same page that a disc golf course will be an addition to the park's already established list of great family activities. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know and I will ensure that it will be taken care of. Thank you again for the opportunity to work with the park on this project.
    Jason Van Over

"Head, Chris (PARKS)"
    05/06/2010 09:34 AM
    To
    <Jason.Vanover@dana.com>
    cc

Subject
    RE: Disc Golf Course proposal

Jason…Unfortunately, the current state budget situation has stalled any process for facility development. I, like you, am anxious to see how this proposal could possibly work but am at the mercy of the passing of a state budget. It looks like we will be in wait mode until the passing of a budget or July 1st deadline. I will email you when I hear something. Thanks!!

From: Jason.Vanover@dana.com [mailto:Jason.Vanover@dana.com]
    Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:08 AM
    To: Head, Chris (PARKS)
    Subject: RE: Disc Golf Course proposal

Hi Chris,
    I just wanted to check in to see if there had been any progress on the project. If you need any more information from me please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jason Van Over
    Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer
    Light Vehicle Driveline
    Dana Holding Corporation
    12720 Westport Rd. Suite F
    Louisville, KY 40245
    502-423-8824 x122
    502-429-8245 fax
    jason.vanover@dana.com
    www.dana.com
    Jason Van Over

I hope the budget plan goes well because they say that state parks will be the first thing cut if it doesn't. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully we will have this course.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

This is the second time we've heard something like this now with Charlestown State Park being the first. We offer to pay for the course, and they tell us they don't have the funds for it. I'm I missing something?

At any rate, Chris sounds fairly positive about the whole thing so hopefully it will work out when the time's right.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    This is the second time we've heard something like this now with Charlestown State Park being the first. We offer to pay for the course, and they tell us they don't have the funds for it. I'm I missing something?

At any rate, Chris sounds fairly positive about the whole thing so hopefully it will work out when the time's right.
    I think it will depend on if the park stays open and then they have to budget for grass maintenance (mowers, staff, etc.) even if we do and pay for everything else.

I feel very good about our relationship with Chris. He has been positive about having a course there from the first time I spoke to him and then every time that I spoke to him or Dave and I met with him after that. He asks very thorough questions and takes what we are doing serious. He is ultimately responsible for what happens at the park and I don't think he wants to be known for putting in something that doesn't benefit it.
    Jason Van Over

I hope they say yes.

Thread Information